ARM is currently working with a market-leading engineering consultancy who are looking for Safety Engineering Consultants to join their team.
Working with their key Clients within the Defence industry, this is Hybrid opportunity with occasional travel to offices which are based across the UK as well as customer sites.
This really is a great opportunity for Safety Engineers of all levels to join an industry-leading consultancy with great opportunity for career progression and industry-leading benefits.
As a Safety Engineering Consultant, you will be responsible for:
* As part of the team you will deliver world-class solutions to our varied client base.
* As a Safety Engineering Consultant you will be passionate about safety and providing independent and assured safety advice.
* You will support the delivery of safety projects to schedule, quality and budget, whilst meeting client and corporate expectations.
* Your knowledge and experience of safety and risk management techniques, processes and concepts will allow you to support our clients to understand and comply with UK safety legislation and all aspects of safety, particularly UK MOD Safety policy.
What you'll need to do the role:
* We are looking for enthusiastic and dynamic team members, ideally with a UK Defence background in engineering or system safety; alternatively, experience in professional systems safety or risk management gained within the infrastructure or energy sectors
* You will be an experienced safety practitioner, who is familiar with the application of UK MOD safety regulations, policies and standards such as: Defence Safety Authority (DSA) Regulations (DSA02-DMR, DSA02:DLSR), Military Aviation Authority Regulatory Publications (MRP), Joint Service Publication (JSP) 375, Defence Equipment and Support (DE&S) Acquisition Safety and Environmental Management System (ASEMS) Project Orientated Safety Management System (POSMS), Def Stan 00-056 and/or Def Stan 00-055.
* You will have practical experience in the development and management of hazard logs; supporting and facilitating HAZID and hazard review meetings; and authoring safety assessment/ safety case reports, including providing justification of the ALARP status of the product. You will be knowledgeable in statutory safety legislation and how to attain, and manage, legislation compliance.
* As much of our work is directly customer-focused, your excellent communication skills and ability to present professionally both verbally and in writing are essential for this role. We also welcome your analytical thinking skills and your ability to work well in a team.
* You will be self-motivated with a proactive approach to professional accreditation, such as IEng or CEng. We value professional qualifications and professional registration with appropriate bodies and we can provide support, training, and tailored experience in order for you to achieve these, if not already held
Due to the nature of the sector, this role requires candidates to be able to gain a full UK SC Clearance.
If you are interested in the role; please submit your application to Jason Parish via this vacancy.
This vacancy is being advertised by either Advanced Resource Managers Limited, Advanced Resource Managers IT Limited or Advanced Resource Managers Engineering Limited ("ARM"). ARM is a specialist talent acquisition and management consultancy. We provide technical contingency recruitment and a portfolio of more complex resource solutions. Our specialist recruitment divisions cover the entire technical arena, including some of the most economically and strategically important industries in the UK and the world today. We will never send your CV without your permission.
Email me jobs like this
Utilising contractors: 9 reasons why
We are all living in a time of unease and uncertainty. Normality seems a long way away. Yet, change isn't always a bad thing. Especially when it comes to switching…
Write a Successful Job Application Form
In today’s competitive job market, it’s more important than ever before that you take the time to complete a stand-out job application form that will allow you to secure your…
National Apprenticeship Week 2022: Why an Apprenticeship?
In conversation with one of the REC’s Chief Examiners and ‘World’s Oldest Apprentice’ Derek Goff Do apprenticeships have an age limit? Do you have to be a certain type of…