LocationLittlehampton, West Sussex
A leading client of ours who specialise in advanced protection solutions across safety/ mission critical sectors are currently looking to hire a Project Manager, this is a senior position within the PMO function to lead a variety of projects from Prototype to Trials & Production.
What does the right individual look like?
A self-motivated and competent Project Manager and team leader would thrive in this role. Someone who can put their stamp on the project and leading by example. Able to influence a positive, productive, and enjoyable culture, they are also intuitive to Customer needs and driven to ensuring Customers receive the highest levels of service and support. Able to motivate and develop a direct report / team is key to success in this role.
What Qualifications are they looking for?
- Degree level (or equivalent) in a technical related subject, or relevant practical experience.
- Professional project/programme management qualifications such as APMP, PRINCE 2
What experience would the right individual have?
- Relevant experience of delivering project management excellence, of a technical product in a technical environment, from concept phase through to prototyping and trials, and into production.
- Experience working within, and delivering products or services to, the Defence & Security Sector.
- Commercial awareness, and experience dealing with Customers and understanding Customer needs.
- Use of Microsoft Project to control, define and monitor progress against schedules.
- Use of project management software tools such as: SAP, ERP systems. Preferably a practical understanding of JIRA tools.
- Leads those around them and sets the example for other PMs / project team members to follow.
- Competent in Project Management techniques such as Critical Path, Agile and Pert Analysis
- Understanding of project life-cycle management.
- Experience of risk and opportunity management.
- Experience mentoring and managing direct reports / team members to get the best from them in a tough working environment.
- Contract management experience; preferably Government contracts and their associated project delivery gateway methodologies.
- Experience of project financial management and KPI reporting.
- Experience dealing with and presenting to senior stakeholders.
- Eligible for UK Security Clearance to minimum SC level.
This vacancy is being advertised by either Advanced Resource Managers Limited, Advanced Resource Managers IT Limited or Advanced Resource Managers Engineering Limited ("ARM"). ARM is a specialist talent acquisition and management consultancy. We provide technical contingency recruitment and a portfolio of more complex resource solutions. Our specialist recruitment divisions cover the entire technical arena, including some of the most economically and strategically important industries in the UK and the world today. We will never send your CV without your permission.
Email me jobs like this
2021 wrapped up…
We can all agree that 2021 has allowed us to test our agility in times of uncertainty. Our business had to prioritise safety, introducing hybrid working. Then we faced up…
From Apprentice to Defence Recruiter Extraordinaire: The Success of Lewis Dunn
So, jumping right in... What was your role when you first started at ARM? I started as a Junior Account Consultant but did my Apprenticeship about six months in. I…
Ace that Interview!
Fantastic! You have an interview for your perfect job, well done! Yet as the big day draws near, you turn into a bag of nerves. Will they like me? How…