Job reference number: 757
Gordon Murray Automotive is a UK-based global luxury brand dedicated to creating and manufacturing the world's greatest driving cars. These ultra-exclusive cars are engineered and designed without compromise to provide unrivalled driving experiences and driver-centric connection.
With multiple sites in Shalford, Dunsfold, Warwick and a new purpose-built HQ in Windlesham, the Gordon Murray Automotive team continues to grow with multiple vehicle programmes currently in development. As a result, we currently have exciting opportunities for a Production Technician to join our Manufacturing Team based in Windlesham.
Production Technicians within GMA are responsible for production on daily basis to produce high quality vehicles across all models undertaken by Gordon Murray Automotive. In this role you will be part of the team that assemble production vehicles at a low-volume, cutting-edge automotive manufacturing operation and help us start up our brand-new manufacturing plant.
- Establish strong team member relations, at all levels with a focus on teamwork and inclusion.
- Work closely with GMA team, especially Manufacturing Engineering team members.
- Operating machinery on a low volume production line.
- Quality checking for any defects, labelling finished products.
- Loading /unloading and assembly of parts. Ensuring parts are allocated to the correct Stillages.
- Working towards production targets.
- Support Cycle Time change planning, line rebalancing, trials and training activities.
- Support new model activities.
- Accurately record Data into the build book/log these include torque and serial number recording.
- Maintain a strict adherence to the Standard Operating Procedures, thereby clearly identifying irregularities that may cause damage or inefficiency and prescribing corrective measures to improve these processes.
- Support shop safety initiatives and manage timely implementation of countermeasures to resolve problems.
- Support problem solving activities within the team.
- Identify waste in assembly processes and implement activities to improve efficiency.
- Be available to work OT and travel as needed.
- Work together with GMA/GMA Engineering members to continuously improve the manufacturing process.
- Some computer literacy required - Basics in Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Communication skills - to be able to liaise and put point across to others.
- General housekeeping duties as required.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Ability to read and understand Engineering drawings.
- It is anticipated that you will have 5 years relevant automotive experience at an appropriate company or OEM.
- Experience of full product life-cycle activities and ability to achieve Quality, Cost and Delivery targets for production.
- Experience in low volume automotive manufacturing preferable.
- Understanding of the different assembly processes and equipment.
- Works well under pressure, works hard to meet strict production targets.
- Proficiency in cross functional, cross company, and cross-sectional processes.
- Clear and effective communication skills with internal and external clients.
- Must be a team player who can work closely with GMA manufacturing engineering team.
- Ability to support problem solving activities within an automotive assembly environment.
- Possess a full UK drivers' licence.
What's on Offer:
- Competitive Base Salary
- Private Medical Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Holiday Loyalty Bonus Scheme
- Enhanced Personal Pension Plan
- Car Scheme
- Enhanced Maternity & Paternity Pay
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Employee Recruitment Referral Incentive Scheme
- Parking Onsite
Gordon Murray Group is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of age, sexual orientation, gender, pregnancy, religion, nationality, ethnic origin, disability, medical history, race, marital status, genetic information or parental status. We strive to promote a workplace that celebrates diversity and encourages individuals to express their opinions and beliefs.
Please do not hesitate to get in touch should you require any reasonable adjustments to assist with your application.
All applicants must have the Right to Work in the UK.
This vacancy is being advertised by Optamor Limited. Optamor is a specialist Recruitment Process Outsourcing provider. We provide a flexible full recruitment solution which takes care of all recruitment requirements from planning to on-boarding. Our specialist recruitment divisions cover the entire technical arena, including some of the most economically and strategically important industries in the UK and the world today. We will never send your CV without your permission.
Email me jobs like this
Flexible working: The Mum-myth!
Flexible-working. A term long regarded as a luxury afforded only to working-mums, reinforcing 'traditional' gender roles. This lack of understanding has contributed to a somewhat confusing definition of the term.…
New Year, New Job- January is the Prime Month for Job Seeking
Why is the New Year the Best Time for Job Seeking? January is a prime month for job hunting, with numerous factors working in your favour. In this blog, we'll…
Leadership with Leon
Whilst climbing the Gran Paradiso for charity recently, I got the chance to think more deeply about what leadership actually means to me. Nothing makes you think more than when…