Salary£65000.00 - £75000.00 per annum + Hybrid + car allowance
Mechanical Contracts Manager
£65,000 - £75,000 + car allowance
My client who is a leading M&E Contractor with a solid history of Installations across the South Coast are looking to recruit a Mechanical Contracts Manager.
This role provides a great opportunity to gain a valued experience, whilst being able to have a significant impact on multiple projects, and to also work in a variety of environments which will give you a fantastic view of how the M&E industry operates.
Due to successful project wins, my client is now looking for a Contracts Manager / Project Manager to join their Main works team.
As Mechanical Contracts Manager or Senior Project Manager you will take point on managing allocated projects through collaboration with the client, project delivery team and supply chain.
Therefore, this role will include taking full ownership over the following areas of any project that it is assigned to.
Sales / Pre-Construction
- Monitor, control and execute the project specific delivery strategy.
- Carry out all pre-construction activities in support of the design prior to the commencement of the construction period.
- Influence the design process to ensure quality, philosophy, profitability, and timescales are met.
- Completion of each project procurement schedule to meet individual project programme.
- Proposals of plant and materials to meet the required timeframes whilst ensuring technical, quality, and financial performances are met for agreement by Contracts Manager / Designer
- Proposals of sub-contract partners to meet the required timeframes whilst ensuring technical, quality, and financial performances are met for agreement by Contracts Manager / Designer
- Undertake the continued coordination, planning and programming of the projects.
- Instigate corrective action initiation and continually review performance.
- Take responsibility for all day-to-day aspects of projects, working closely with other key players to achieve required outcomes.
- Complete daily, weekly, and monthly Company routines to successfully deliver projects.
- Maintain open and effective communication with all project stakeholders.
- Understand and monitor our contractual obligations.
- Be an active role in the preparation of financial reports.
- Work with each project Quantity Surveyor to support the completion of all commercial activities within a timely manner.
- Delivery of each project's specific commercial strategy
We are looking for a diverse range of applicants who have a real passion for the M&E industry. The right candidate will be able to confidently demonstrate the following attributes.
- The capability to influence multi-level project stake holders in order to ensure project objectives are achieved.
- The ability to develop those around you to ensure optimal performance on current and future projects.
- Having the ability to analyse and report financial information to multiple project stakeholders.
- Management and Leadership skills - to take ownership of a project, whilst leading the project team throughout the project lifecycle
- The ability to demonstrate a high level of competency in identifying and mitigating the risks on opportunities on a project.
If this sounds like you, and you would like to be on this exciting journey, we would love to hear from you!
Fore more information please call David Bates @ ARM on 07551151771
This vacancy is being advertised by either Advanced Resource Managers Limited, Advanced Resource Managers IT Limited or Advanced Resource Managers Engineering Limited ("ARM"). ARM is a specialist talent acquisition and management consultancy. We provide technical contingency recruitment and a portfolio of more complex resource solutions. Our specialist recruitment divisions cover the entire technical arena, including some of the most economically and strategically important industries in the UK and the world today. We will never send your CV without your permission.
Email me jobs like this
The Return to ARM…
Before we jump into the good stuff, first of all, what is it you do here? “I’m an Account Consultant in the rail sector, so my day-to-day is spent servicing…
A New Industrial Age for Automotive?
Despite a modest drop in 2017, the automotive industry is enjoying a period of sustained buoyancy in the UK, (latest figures reveal it turned over £77.5bn in 2016). It’s also…
Apprentices in Rail: RailStaff March 2022
This article was first published in RailStaff Issue 278, in the lead up to the Railtex 2022 Expo. With the ongoing talent shortage and increasingly ineffective talent acquisition methods, how can…