Salary£28 - £29 per hour + OUTSIDE IR35
About the role
The role will be within the ESC & Traction Management development team supporting two core areas, the first being as the teams technician being involved in vehicle testing and maintenance tasks prior to test sessions and during/ post sessions as well. The second being supporting the Integration engineers to ensure the vehicles are fit for test from a software perspective including flashing and debugging of ECUs.
* To support all vehicle maintenance topics within the department - ensuring the vehicles are fit to test along with supporting where needed on test sessions and liaising with workshops where required.
* To support vehicle integration topics from flashing and debugging software to ensure vehicles are at a suitable state to test.
* Previous experience within a technician background is essential (for example a Master Dealer Technician).
* Previous experience with VW group diagnostic tools such as ODIS and iDEX.
* Knowledge of the Vector tool chain is advantageous but not a core requirement.
* Knowledge of Bentley vehicles and development processes are advantageous.
Practical & Technical Knowledge
* Mechanical engineering knowledge is fundamental - able to perform hands on technician tasks.
* Knowledge and experience in Electrical systems including ability to update and debug vehicle systems.
* Strong problem solving skill is essential, use of problem solving techniques and tools.
* Ability to work within a team, be a Team-player & work effectively in the cross functional team.
* Strong communication and influencing skills essential, both verbal and written, within own area of responsibility.
* Ability to communicate clearly at various levels across the company in different forums.
* Ability to be flexible and willing to travel internationally where required.
* Qualifications : Engineering Degree or equivalent experience
* UK Driving License required
This vacancy is being advertised by either Advanced Resource Managers Limited, Advanced Resource Managers IT Limited or Advanced Resource Managers Engineering Limited ("ARM"). ARM is a specialist talent acquisition and management consultancy. We provide technical contingency recruitment and a portfolio of more complex resource solutions. Our specialist recruitment divisions cover the entire technical arena, including some of the most economically and strategically important industries in the UK and the world today. We will never send your CV without your permission. Where the role is marked as Outside IR35 in the advertisement this is subject to receipt of a final Status Determination Statement from the end Client and may be subject to change.
Email me jobs like this
They grow up so fast
It is astounding how quickly children grow up. Defined by paths taken and paths ignored, impacted by chance; they're rarely what you imagined. It's the same with companies. Happy Anniversary!…
State of the market: Q-Q sector reports
Labour market data from the ONS shows a sharp fall in overall UK job vacancies due to the pandemic. As a whole, vacancies regardless of sector fell by 55.1% (y-y)…
To frack or not to frack?
To frack or not to frack? That is the question. It’s widely recognised that fracking releases large deposits of shale gas. This has the potential to extend the use of…