SalaryUp to £73.60 per hour
- Role: Principle Commissioning Engineer
- Role type: Inside IR35
- Location: Reading
- Duration: 12-month contract
- Other: 11 Days on 3 Days off, On-site, Per Diems & Retention Bonuses Available
The Energy Division of ARM is seeking to hire several Experienced Principle Commissioning engineers to join their Nuclear Civil client, with the position being situated in Reading.
Some of your duties will include:
- Supervision of the Commissioning technicians under their direct responsibility.
- Adherence to the agreed Commissioning Quality Management System and ensuring that the commissioning team members correctly apply procedures, codes and standards to commissioning activities.
- Interface with the Client team and other project disciplines (Design Engineering, Training, Procurement, Quality Assurance, Construction, Operations and Maintenance)
- Functional inputs to Commissioning Deliverables.
- Day-to-day progress monitoring and reporting.
- Input to, production and checking of Commissioning Documentation (including Test Documentation, Commissioning Reports).
- Assisting the Commissioning Team Leader in the identification of the Factory Acceptance Testing (FAT) requirements - approval of vendor test documentation, witnessing of vendor testing, approval of vendor test results where required.
- Responsible for production and checking of the Commissioning Test Documentation.
- Ensuring that all mandatory test pre-requisites are in place
- Carry out Risk Assessment and produce Safe Systems of Work
- Responsible for the execution of commissioning tests to schedule.
- Responsible for the satisfactory completion of all commissioning execution records and results and control of all raw data associated with the tests they carry out.
- Review and acceptance of completed test records.
- Compilation and review of Commissioning LTQR packages
- Provision of discipline-specific subject matter expertise.
- Day to Day planning of commissioning execution activities
What do you need to succeed?
- Electrical & Instrumentation and Control Systems commissioning experience
- Experience in the nuclear industry
- Previous site experience (nuclear)
- Conversant with Siemens S7 and Simocode, WinCC, Profibus and PICS software packages
- For Electrical Commissioning Engineers only - 18th Edition IEE Regulations (Electrical)
If you are interested in finding out more about this opportunity, please apply via the link and we will let you know if you have been shortlisted.
This vacancy is being advertised by either Advanced Resource Managers Limited, Advanced Resource Managers IT Limited or Advanced Resource Managers Engineering Limited ("ARM"). ARM is a specialist talent acquisition and management consultancy. We provide technical contingency recruitment and a portfolio of more complex resource solutions. Our specialist recruitment divisions cover the entire technical arena, including some of the most economically and strategically important industries in the UK and the world today. We will never send your CV without your permission. Where the role is marked as Outside IR35 in the advertisement this is subject to receipt of a final Status Determination Statement from the end Client and may be subject to change.
Email me jobs like this
Why we Love Working in a Team
Ask anyone what they love most about work and in most cases, the first thing they mention is 'the people'. We spend a massive proportion of our life at work…
Equity and Equality: What’s the Difference?
What are Equality and Equity? Equality and equity are words that are ‘thrown around’ a lot, especially in the business world. But what do they mean? Equality means everyone gets…
Why Choose Project Management?
A career in project management provides a whole host of exciting opportunities to progress further, take on new challenges, and explore new projects that will allow you to develop new…