Hybrid - twice a week on site in North Greenwich
£520 p/d INSIDE IR35
Key Technologies: Cisco, Routing and Switching (WAN/LAN/Datacentre), Network Security (Juniper/Checkpoint/PAN), SDN, and Cloud Networks.
Knowledge and Skills
- The successful candidate will have a demonstrable high level of knowledge of networking technologies including:
Switching technologies (VLANs, trunks, STP, vPC, VDC, VXLAN, multi-layer switching and EtherChannel)
Routing technologies (EIGRP/OSPF/BGP) and router redundancy (HSRP, VRRP, GLBP)
-QoS in a LAN/WAN environment
- Strong troubleshooting skills, the ability and desire to learn new things and a willingness to work both autonomously and using their own initiative are essential.
- Demonstrable experience supporting firewalls including policy/VPN is required, as is the use of the CLI to manage devices.
- Ideally you will have knowledge of supporting vendor hardware from Cisco and Palo Alto/Juniper SRX/Cisco ASA platforms.
- Knowledge of SDN, cloud networking technologies, Wi-Fi and network automation techniques such as python are also desirable.
- Experience of supporting large scale, high performance, high availability network architectures
- Experience working with and understanding complex network architecture designs
- Experience of Cisco network technologies and network security in complex enterprise sized environments.
- In depth knowledge of the latest and emerging technologies likely to be employed in designing and delivering Enterprise Wide networking solutions.
- Fluent in English and be fully conversant with technical language relating to network design and hardware
- A Degree in a relevant subject, or equivalent qualifications/3 years+ work experience are essential
- Knowledge of ITIL and its practical implementation in large organisations.
- Knowledge of agile methodologies, such as Scrum
This vacancy is being advertised by either Advanced Resource Managers Limited, Advanced Resource Managers IT Limited or Advanced Resource Managers Engineering Limited ("ARM"). ARM is a specialist talent acquisition and management consultancy. We provide technical contingency recruitment and a portfolio of more complex resource solutions. Our specialist recruitment divisions cover the entire technical arena, including some of the most economically and strategically important industries in the UK and the world today. We will never send your CV without your permission. Where the role is marked as Outside IR35 in the advertisement this is subject to receipt of a final Status Determination Statement from the end Client and may be subject to change.
Email me jobs like this
A hattrick of returners…
Hey Liam! Could you start by telling us a bit about what you do? "I am a Sales Manager for the Structural Steelwork industry and I have specialisms in Civil…
#CC300… And they’re off
Today staff from the Serocor Group tackle the #CC300 mile cycle ride to raise money for Naomi House children's hospice. At 7.30am on Wednesday 14 June, 11 challengers and 4…
2021 wrapped up…
We can all agree that 2021 has allowed us to test our agility in times of uncertainty. Our business had to prioritise safety, introducing hybrid working. Then we faced up…