Salary£50 - £60 per hour
The Integrated Components and Solutions team in the UK, has some of the most exciting engineering roles within the global organisation, working on the integration of electronic control systems within multiple products. Integration of the latest Electronics and Electrical technology helps differentiate products from its competitors, by enabling exceptional performance and value to the customer.
Our integrated machine systems control all aspects of construction machine operation (engine/transmission or full electric powertrain, hydraulic systems), provide the human-machine interface (operator controls and information displays), and constantly monitor and communicate position, operation, diagnostic and prognostic information to enable machine automation, improved productivity and enhanced serviceability.
We have an exciting opportunity for a system engineer to join the European Machine Systems team, who are responsible for machine control system development for all European designed machines. You will be heavily involved in the design and development of cutting edge machine control system technology primarily for the Caterpillar Compact Wheel Loader. As a Control Systems Engineer you will be responsible for development of Electro Mechanical Control Systems using quantitative methods to solve problems for internal and external Caterpillar customers. Responsibilities include:
* Solicit and capture embedded electronic control system requirements and associated interfaces for new and current product updates.
* Identifying and developing electronic systems and interfaces to meet customer needs.
* Utilizing embedded electronic controllers to deliver complex integrated systems to implement hydraulic/transmission/propulsion machine control requirements and Human-Machine Interfaces (HMI).
* Defining electronic machine system architectures, input and output requirements, controller interfaces and electrical schematic creation/development.
* Contribution to FMEA, functional safety and product compliance reviews/documentation.
* Plan, develop and execute validation activities to mitigate project risk and ensure solutions are verified and validated for market introduction.
* Identify and successfully resolve issues found during product development, assembly and post-production implementation.
Basic Qualifications: Strong technical background (good technical degree preferred in mechanical, electronic, electrical, control systems or automotive engineering) though other qualifications / experience will be considered.
Top candidates may also have experience with (depending on the specific position):
* Off-highway machine/engine/EV electronic system development (or comparable automotive, marine, or military vehicle control systems).
* Complex system requirements management for embedded controllers/components in the off-highway/automotive/military/marine sectors etc.
Your Work Shapes the World, whether it be ground-breaking products, best in class solutions or creating a lifelong career, you can do the work that matters at Caterpillar. With a 95-year legacy of quality and innovation and 150 locations in countries around the world, your impact spans the globe.
When you join Caterpillar, you are joining a team of makers, innovators and doers. We are the people who roll up our sleeves and do the work to build a better world. We don't just talk about progress and innovation. We make it happen. And we are proud of that, because it helps our customers build and power the world we live in - the roads, hospitals, homes and infrastructure. Without a dedicated workforce Caterpillar could not effectively meet our customer's needs. Join us now.
What you get in return:
- Hybrid work
- Competitive rates of pay
- 12-month contract (to extend).
Please enquire for more details.
This vacancy is being advertised by either Advanced Resource Managers Limited, Advanced Resource Managers IT Limited or Advanced Resource Managers Engineering Limited ("ARM"). ARM is a specialist talent acquisition and management consultancy. We provide technical contingency recruitment and a portfolio of more complex resource solutions. Our specialist recruitment divisions cover the entire technical arena, including some of the most economically and strategically important industries in the UK and the world today. We will never send your CV without your permission. Where the role is marked as Outside IR35 in the advertisement this is subject to receipt of a final Status Determination Statement from the end Client and may be subject to change.
Email me jobs like this
State of the market: Q-Q sector reports
Labour market data from the ONS shows a sharp fall in overall UK job vacancies due to the pandemic. As a whole, vacancies regardless of sector fell by 55.1% (y-y)…
How to Become a Java Developer: Everything You Need to Know
One of the most commonly used program languages across the world, Java stands out as one of the most versatile and in-demand choices. If you're considering a career in software…
Flexible working: The Mum-myth!
Flexible-working. A term long regarded as a luxury afforded only to working-mums, reinforcing 'traditional' gender roles. This lack of understanding has contributed to a somewhat confusing definition of the term.…