Harness Assembly Operator
Applications have now closed
Please visit our main job board to see all our current vacancies.
Harness Assembly Operator
Our client is looking for a Harness Assembly Operator to join its team at their site in Byfleet.
Flexible working hours
Our client is a technology company focused on designing and producing power generators for medical diagnostic equipment, and they are looking for a Harness Assembly Operator to join their team at their facility in Byfleet, Surrey. If you are experienced in electrical assembly and looking for a new role within an industry that evolves everyday, then please apply here.
- Responsible for the build, termination and test of all cable assemblies and wire harnesses within the company portfolio of products, to the correct standard and revision, in compliance with all health & safety and quality standards.
- Ensure that all build and quality documentation is filled out correctly.
- Responsible for housekeeping within their individual area of work.
- Responsible for reporting any materials shortages within the cell.
- Responsible for completion of build within the timescale dictated by the production schedule.
- Responsible for in process quality inspections of any electro-mechanical assembly, in line with quality guidelines, where required.
- Responsible for the rework of all cable assemblies and wire harnesses where required.
- Any other task deemed necessary by the Production Manager/Supervisor.
- At least two years experience in the assembly and correct termination of cable looms and harnesses.
- At least two years experience in soldering.
- Ability to perform functional checks of wire harnesses and cable assemblies.
- Ability to read, interpret and follow basic diagrams, engineering drawings, specifications, bills of material and other written or pictorial instructions/ procedures to accurately assemble products.
- Ability to perform quality work checks to ensure the product meets quality standards.
- Ability to identify defects and complete appropriate documentation when defects are identified
- Experience of working in accordance to specific quality and health and safety processes and procedures.
- Must have experience of working within a team environment and display good interpersonal skills.
- Must have good manual dexterity.
- Familiarity with WHMA-A-620 would be beneficial.
- Familiarity with IPC-J-STD-001 would be beneficial.
- Experience of working with Kanban systems would be beneficial.
Advanced Resource Managers Engineering Limited operates & advertises as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for contract/temporary positions.