VP Material Planner
Applications have now closed
Please visit our main job board to see all our current vacancies.
VP Material Planner
Our client is a Luxury Automotive OEM and are looking for a Material Planner to join them on a long term contract.
Job DescriptionVP Material Planner
Job Purpose To schedule and control the supply of components/materials to meet immediate production requirements and forward production programmes consistent with attaining target stock levels. To be aware of all factors that affects or may affect availability of use/fitment for all parts controlled.
Key Responsibilities & Tasks
• Generate and communicate supplier material delivery schedules to ensure that they correctly reflect requirements to meet immediate and future production demands.
* Assure supply of materials to meet the production schedule and / or minimum safety stock levels.
* Understand and manage risks to the material supply plan to minimise impact on the production schedule.
* Take the lead in co-ordinating the implementation of modifications with the supply base to minimise obsolete stock and assure material availability.
* Initiate inventory management and stock adjustments when required, to maintain continued accuracy and reliability of stock records. Key liaison with the Logistics Provider and Inventory Analysis Team to ensure inventory record accuracy.
* Develop supplier relationships to allow constructive discussions to take place regarding delivery KPI improvements on behalf of the business. Lead and co-ordinate improvement plans with suppliers that are not performing.
* Negotiate with supplier, the finance for “special transport” to ensure costs are kept to an absolute minimum, whilst maintaining material availability.
* Where quality problems threaten production continuity, raise containments/rework requests, organize rework required, obtain suppliers authorization for cost where applicable to enable release of goods not confirming to Engineering specification.
* Lead quantity related invoice queries.
* Assist Accounts Department in resolution of price related invoice queries. Key Performance Indicators
* On time in full supply of parts to delivery schedule.
* Arrears – number of suppliers and number of parts.
* Parts missed point of fit and linestops.
* Number and age of quantity related invoice queries.
* Value of obsolescence related to model changes, engineering changes and overmax stock levels.
Qualifications & Experience
• Experience in Material Planning & Logistics or material planning desired, ideally in the automotive industry
* An awareness of Lean Manufacturing would be an advantage
* Ability to communicate with tact and diplomacy, together with the ability to work accurately and efficiently, taking resourceful action during periods of considerable pressure.
* Automotive components experience desirable.
* Computer Literate essential.
* Degree or Higher diploma qualified or equivalent preferable.
Advanced Resource Managers Engineering Limited operates & advertises as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for contract/temporary positions.