The range of roles I help recruit for is as wide as it is varied. In the (ARM Corporate Services) Engineering Division, I support a range of high profile global companies within the defence, satellite and telecommunications industries, which means an ongoing, steep, learning curve.
Applications have now closed
Please visit our main job board to see all our current vacancies.
An international Defence company is looking for a new Head of Commercial to join its Electronic Warfare team in Luton. The successful candidate is to lead and manage the commercial team and to act as a member of the Electronic Warfare leadership team, contributing to the day-to-day oversight and future strategic direction of the business including aspects outside the commercial functional responsibilities.
Job DescriptionKey Responsibility Areas
* To develop commercial strategies to meet customer and business requirements
* To ensure the risks, liabilities and commitments of contractual agreements are understood and appreciated by the business and balanced with potential profitability
* To contribute to the shape and delivery of the Electronic Warfare Business Plan, achieving sustainable top and bottom line growth
* To establish partnering and teaming agreements as appropriate and guide and support the commercial team to do the same
* Maintain a high level of customer and partner relationships on UK and Export programmes
* Leading governance within the bidding process to ensure that the company’s requirements of the contract are being complied with leading senior negotiations for highly complex multimillion pound contracts
* To ensure the commercial team engage appropriately with the legal department and provide leadership in complex legal disputes
* To lead an effective estimating process for the Electronic Warfare business
* Develop the commercial team; manage the career development framework, personnel development plans and succession planning
Specific deliverables over the next 12-18 months are:
* Provide agile commercial support that delivers an increased volume of merchant supply offers
* Establish and maintain key relationships with our Customers and Partners
* Ensure the Line of Business is adequately protected from Commercial risk
* Negotiate profitable and sustainable contracts for the business
* To enhance the commercial talent within the business through a tailored approach including coaching and development with specialised programmes
* To ensure that effective teaming/partnering agreements are in place to support the growth of the Electronic Warfare business
Skills, Qualifications & Knowledge Required
* Degree educated with career experience in this this field managing and leading commercial negotiations with international prime contractors, UK MOD and/or other ministries of defence
* Experience will have been gained in the defence or defencerelated sectors, such as homeland security, where engagement with “difficult” public sector organisations is the norm
* Successful track record at a senior management level delivering commercial leadership and strategic vision
* Coaching and mentoring a commercial team
* Operating in a global matrix organisation with complex reporting structures in an integrated Product/Project team environment
* Evidence of contracting in Export markets and in highly complex multimillion pound programmes
* Demonstrable experience of contributing to the broader business agenda in regard to commercial decisions, operations and customer delivery.
* Exhibiting social characteristics which engender trust, confidence and integrity
* Adopting a clear, unambiguous communication style
Other Personal Characteristics:
* Be able to influence effectively at a senior level
* Demonstrates a high level of emotional intelligence and is aware of impact on others
* Enthusiastic; A can do attitude with a capacity to overcome barriers and make an impactful change
* Strong leadership and motivational skills
* Interpersonal and political awareness
* Organisational agility
* Office-based role
* Working to tight deadlines
* Frequent travel in the UK and abroad
* Display screen equipment user
Please note: Successful candidates must be willing to undergo and maintain UK Security Clearance checks.
Advanced Resource Managers Engineering Limited operates & advertises as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for contract/temporary positions.