Meet Charlie, junior recruitment consultant in our Manufacturing & Technologies team. He works a variety of engineering roles with clients in many different sectors.
Applications have now closed
Please visit our main job board to see all our current vacancies.
Our client is a global leader within the shipping industry, with fleets of vessels and a new order of LNG vessels on the way, and it is looking for a Voyage Manager to join its team to ensure the safe and effective navigation of assigned vessels.
Job DescriptionVoyage Manager
Role and Responsibilities
- Planning Responsibilities
- Anticipate and drive Safe and Flawless Performance of assigned Vessels operational requirements, including, but not limited to:
- Audit requirements (Internal & External)
- Preparation of detailed compatibility and terminal interface studies to include mooring analysis and risk assessments prior to calling at a new LNG terminal
- Planning of safe cargo and ballast transfer practices, performance and standards.
- Planning of compliance with Flag State legislation, instructions and safety programs.
- Planning of compliance with safe navigational and mooring practices and standards.
- Review relevance and arrange distribution of flag state circulars and port state notices to vessels Review and discuss with Fleet Manger, the Masters handover notes.
- Promote Health and Safety as a Corporate Value.
- Provides Operational and Commercial support and guidance to Vessel Manager
- Endorse the appropriate manning appointments on assigned vessels with Fleet Personnel and Vessel Manager
- Take part in interviews and make recommendations in respect to new-hires and promotes.
- Coordinate with relevant shore based resources to support the vessels.
- Coordinate and agree vessel audits and on board training guidance to Vessel Manager
- Implements Flag State and Port State instructions, legislation, notices and safety programs
- Implements safe cargo / ballast transfer practices, performance and standards
Performance Monitoring responsibilities
- Ensure Safety and Environmental compliance.
- Carry out regular Risk reviews for vessel operations and ensure appropriate actions are taken.
- Where necessary, reviews cargo letters of indemnity, terminal or tugs, conditions of use (CoU) and other cargo and proposed voyage documentation
- Preferably educated with as and has experience as a marine engineer/deck officer or equivalent to a class1 or degree level
- Has a deep understanding of technical operations for the vessel types managed
- Has a deep understanding of the propulsion plant on board vessels managed
- Has understanding of cargo containment system, cargo handling equipment and systems on board managed vessels
Advanced Resource Managers Engineering Limited operates & advertises as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for contract/temporary positions.