Meet Charlie, junior recruitment consultant in our Manufacturing & Technologies team. He works a variety of engineering roles with clients in many different sectors.
Are you a vessel operator looking for a new and exciting role within a bustling international business? If so please apply here!
Job DescriptionVessel Operations Operator
Location: London, St Katharines Dock
The main function of your job is the day to day operation dry cargo vessels working closely with
chartering managers, colleagues, Masters, agents and brokers resulting in the performance of safe,
profitable and efficient voyages.
Role and Responsibilities
- To follow up the fixture of the vessel either in the spot market or as nomination against a COA.
- Close scrutiny of the relevant recap, charter party or fixture note
- Plan the voyage having regard for profitability, safe operational limits, bunkers, cargo lift, stowage, vessel routing and the relevant restrictions for the voyage.
- Prepare and issue orders to the Master for a voyage or time charter employment of the vessel.
- Close monitoring of the voyage in co-operation with the Master and agents with the aim of maximising income within safe operational limits.
- To appoint agents and to handle all matters associated with the appointment including all matters associated with the disbursements, funding, checking of accounts and settlement.
- Preparation of the daily position list by regular checking of the vessels berthing and sailing prospects.
- Daily monitoring of vessels position and safety related issues that may be encountered.
- Issue freight invoices, collect or pay freight, collect or pay hire, maintain freight accounts and hire statements.
- Collect necessary documents from masters, agents and brokers as appropriate.
- Arrange weather routing, deep sea pilots and contract towage.
- Receive, prepare and issue letters of indemnity and associated documentation.
- Receive, prepare and issue laytime and demurrage statements, collect demurrage and pay despatch.
- Prepare statement of accounts for freight, hire, disbursements and other items for entry to accounting systems.
- Prepare and present the voyage results on a monthly basis.
- Monitor vessel performance and handle any performance claims received or made
- Handle any claims that are made as a result of stevedore damage.
- Manage the relationships with agents, brokers, surveyors, suppliers and masters.
- Regular update of port information, operational files and other safety related issues.
- Provide support and assistance to other team members.
- Otherwise as directed.
Qualifications and Experience
- 2-3 years' experience
- Excellent communication skills, IT literacy, and time management skills.
Advanced Resource Managers Engineering Limited operates & advertises as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for contract/temporary positions.