The typical job roles which I recruit for include Project Engineers, Project Managers, Electrical / Mechanical Engineers, Electrical / Mechanical Fitters, Quality Engineers, Reliability Engineers, RAMS Consultants and Senior Management. I currently work within the Manufacturing & Technologies…
Vessel Manager (LNG)
Applications have now closed
Please visit our main job board to see all our current vacancies.
Vessel Manager (LNG)
We have a new fantastic opportunity available for a Vessel Manager with LNG experience to join an international Maritime company. This is a great opportunity for a Chief Officer / Master looking to come ashore or for a Superintendent looking for a new opportunity.
Job DescriptionVessel Manager (LNG) - London
£65 - 70K + Benefits
Superb opportunity for an experienced Superintendent level candidate to develop their shore based career within a progressive company based in a prominent LNG marketplace within the UK.
This is a great opportunity for a Chief Officer / Master looking to begin a career ashore in vessel management
Anticipate and drive Safe and Flawless Performance of assigned vessels' operational requirements including:
- Dry-dock and major repairs
- Scheduled and unscheduled maintenance repairs
- Development of vessel budgets
- Operating and dry dock expenditure.
- Survey and audit requirements (Internal & External)
- Ensures arrangements in place for maintaining appropriate certification.
- Endorse the appropriate manning appointments on assigned vessels with Fleet Personnel.
- Set clear goals and expectations for Masters, Chief Engineers and direct reports ashore.
- Promote Health and Safety as Corporate Values
- Provide Technical and Operational support and guidance to assigned vessels
- Ensure timely and cost effective supply of stores and spares
- Arrange attendance of service engineers and contractors
- Consult manufactures for specialist advice and guidance where required
- Coach and develop Masters, Chief Engineers and direct reports ashore
- Take part in interviews and make recommendations in respect to new-hires and promotions
- Arrange class surveys in timely and cost effective manner
- Coordinate with relevant shore based resources to support the vessels
- Ensures timely analysis of monthly financial reports
- Regular reporting of any costs incurred outside of agreed vessel budgets
- Arrangement of all dry-dock activities and analysis of costs
- Reporting Technical and Operational issues appropriately
- Coordinate and agree vessel audits and onboard training
- Act as the primary contact for commercial and voyage coordination for assigned vessels
- Attends industry forums and seminars as required
- Review and endorse Senior Sea Staff appraisals
- Class 1 or equivalent degree level
- Sea going experience on LNG carriers as a senior marine engineer/deck officer
- Strong shore based experience within a technical role involved in vessel management of LNG/C
- Experience with electronically controlled slow speed marine diesel desirable.
- Has working knowledge of GTT MkIII & NO96 cargo containment systems, Reliq Plant, LNG cargo handling equipment and associated safety systems.
- A strong desire to drive for continuous improvement in self and others, in maintenance and operational condition of vessels under management.
- Analytical and problem solving with good time management, project management and decision making skills
- Able to respond positively to customers in an effective manner
- Demonstrates teamwork, interpersonal and communications skills
- Proficient in software applications employed by the Company; Shipnet, Kyma and vibration monitoring desirable
Right to live and work in the UK is essential and candidates must be willing to live and work in/near London.
Advanced Resource Managers Engineering Limited operates & advertises as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for contract/temporary positions.