I specialise in permanent and contract recruitment within aerospace and defence. I excel at resourcing engineering and professional support services within the defence industry encompassing commercial management, operations, planning, PMO, procurement, quality assurance, systems safety and systems/software engineering.
Applications have now closed
Please visit our main job board to see all our current vacancies.
A large number of vehicle tests and trials are planned in the qualification and verification phase of the AFV upgrade programme. Therefore we are seeking a Trials Manager to take ownership of the assigned vehicle trials. The successful applicant will be based at either Ampthill or Bovington and will be expected to deploy to the trials site for duration of the trial and travel between sites for meetings and reviews where required.
Job DescriptionJob Title: Trials Manager
Salary: Up to £55,000 + Benefits
Location: Bedfordshire or Dorset
One of the world's largest defence organisations are now seeking a Trials Manager to join their team in Bedfordshire or Bovington, Dorset. This is a permanent opportunity with a salary of up to £55,000 per annum + fantastic company benefits. Due to the nature of the work, all applicants must be able and willing to obtain SC clearance.
A large number of vehicle tests and trials are planned in the qualification and verification phase of the AFV upgrade programme. Therefore we are seeking a Trials Manager to take ownership of the assigned vehicle trials.
Working closely with MoD Authority personnel, vehicle owners, vehicle crews and trials site personnel. The successful Trials Manager will be based at either Ampthill or Bovington and will be expected to deploy to the trials site for duration of the trial and travel between sites for meetings and reviews where required.
It is anticipated that trials activity will primarily be conducted between Monday to Friday. Individual trials activities could continue for several weeks at a time. The successful candidate will be required to travel to wherever the vehicles are in the UK.
* Demonstrable understanding and experience of qualification and verification trials, and their role in systems acceptance.
* Planning, attendance and conduct of verification and qualification trials with MoD, preferably armoured vehicle trials.
* Planning and managing trials logistics, including risk assessments and safe systems of work, equipment transportation and personnel movements.
* Understanding of armoured fighting vehicles and associated systems.
* Good written and verbal and presentational communication skills.
* Trials planning, conduct and reporting against Def-Stan 00-35, 08-41 and 59-411.
* Management and conduct of Live Fire trials on MoD/Army facilities including safety trials against Def-Stan 07-85
* Experience of compliance with all UK Environmental, Safety & Health legislation; esp. 1974 HSAW Act and 1990 Environmental Protection Act
* Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
* Ability to lead and motivate small teams to achieve tasks under time pressure
Should you be interested in applying or hearing more about this position please submit your application to Daniel Smith on 02392458040 or email your latest CV
This vacancy is being advertised by Advanced Resource Managers. ARM is a specialist talent acquisition and management consultancy. We provide technical contingency recruitment and a portfolio of more complex resource solutions. Our specialist recruitment divisions cover the entire technical arena, including some of the most economically and strategically important industries in the UK and the world today. We will never send your CV without your permission.
Advanced Resource Managers Engineering Limited operates & advertises as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for contract/temporary positions.