I specialise in permanent and contract recruitment within aerospace and defence. I excel at resourcing engineering and professional support services within the defence industry encompassing commercial management, operations, planning, PMO, procurement, quality assurance, systems safety and systems/software engineering.
Applications have now closed
Please visit our main job board to see all our current vacancies.
A world leader within Defence & Security are now seeking a Training Manager to join their growing team in Southampton on a permanent basis. Presentation and inter-personal skills are essential to this role. The candidate must be capable of giving a calm impression to others, building relationships with customers both internal and external. Due to the nature of the work, all applicants must be able and willing to obtain SC clearance.
Job DescriptionJob Title: Training Manager
A world leader within Defence & Security are now seeking a Training Manager to join their team in Southampton. This is a permanent opportunity with a competitive salary + fantastic company benefits. Due to the nature of the work, all applicants must be able and willing to obtain SC clearance.
The successful Training Manager will join the Training & Publication Section and will have a good level of knowledge in the training and publication standard practices, either commercial or defence standards, ideally with good knowledge of DSAT, JSP822 and technical writing skills.
The role will include the complete training and publications lifecycles. Experience in all lifecycle phases would be advantageous including; Project and target audience analysis against costed options, Design and development of material to meet the needs of the analysis, suitable for training and including technical writing skills, Instructor delivery with assurance that each learner is provided the best opportunities to thrive and evaluation of projects against cost constraints.
* Advanced MS Word skills, MS PowerPoint, MS Excel, must be able to create material in PowerPoint, experience of indexing and editing documents.
* Good working knowledge of product and document development cycles and publications procedure.
* Training material or course development through the DSAT process or equivalent desirable.
* Technical knowledge of communications systems and networking is desirable.
* The Defence Systems Approach to Training (DSAT) (other similar standards include Bi-SC 75).
* Knowledge of AS9100D quality management system.
* Defence writing practices.
* Knowledge of HTML, XML, S1000D.
* Technical writing (Level 3) or similar.
* City & Guilds 6502 Certificate in Education and Training (Level 4, 36 credits).
* An engineering background with experience in medium to complex system design.
* Training development and delivery experience or qualifications essential.
* Technical publication experience highly desirable.
* Must be able to demonstrate evidence of working at a professional standard, ideally with customer interaction.
Should you be interested in applying or hearing more about this position please submit your application to Daniel Smith on 02392458040 or email your latest CV
This vacancy is being advertised by Advanced Resource Managers. ARM is a specialist talent acquisition and management consultancy. We provide technical contingency recruitment and a portfolio of more complex resource solutions.
Our specialist recruitment divisions cover the entire technical arena, including some of the most economically and strategically important industries in the UK and the world today. We will never send your CV without your permission.
Advanced Resource Managers Engineering Limited operates & advertises as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for contract/temporary positions.