I am focused on recruiting professionals of all levels within the defence, satellite and telecommunications industries. I excel in recruiting for the harder to fill positions, as the challenge makes me more determined to succeed. Knowing it is going to be difficult makes it all the more worthwhile once you have placed the candidate.
Trade Compliance Officer
Trade Compliance Officer
Experienced Trade Compliance Specialist is required to join a leading defence organisation...
Job DescriptionTrade Compliance Officer
£35,000 - £40,0977 + Benefits Package
My client is a leading prime contractor and systems integrator responsible for a wide portfolio of high technology programmes, complex integration, training and through-life support, spanning the defence domain. They are currently looking to employ a Trade Compliance Officer to carry out export license accounting ensuring compliance under the Department of International Trade (DfIT). You will be responsible for maintaining suitable procedures and records to demonstrate control of exports to meet DfIT compliance audits, HMRC desk audits and/or corporate audits and other company standards.
Specific Job Description
* Manage imports for the business in liaison with the PPOB Lead Shipping Officer by implementing the correct clearance instruction.
* To manage, record and briefing all travel requests and provide approval for the LT business including the issue of export licensing provenance on a case by case basis.
* To be the point of contact for HSE enforced REACH and CLP in the business where imported goods are required to communicate to the next customer in accordance with ECHA Guidance and Article 33 of REACH.
* Carry out post auditing checking of all exports & imports made on behalf of the business on a monthly basis and maintain records thereto for AEO purposes.
* Provide control and accounting of US licensing and Agreements and to provide export advice on US retransfers and/or US licensing requirements in new business ventures.
* Perform record checking of US licence and agreements and identify records of exports made in this arena of compliance for Sensitive and Assets obtained under 22 CFR 120-130 aka ITAR.
* Liaise with purchasing, engineering, projects, commercial and other functions to ensure compliance with and an understanding of US ITAR, EAR and End Use requirements and other US requirements
* Maintenance and coordination of US Authorisations including Technical Assistance Agreements, Manufacturing Licence Agreements, US Licences and exemptions
* Co-ordination of Private Venture Grading (PVG) and trade compliance ratings (Control List Classifications for Export/import activities including the flow of traffic to/from foreign destinations, brokerage and customs transactions.
* Maintain Review on site visits considering UK and US controls on access to Military equipment.
Required skills, qualifications and experience
* Proven experience working to Import and Export Regulations and under customs procedures.
* Excellent interpersonal skills with a critical eye for detail
* Experience working within the Defence/Aerospace Industry
* Good understanding of UK import and export requirements for military products and a good basic understanding of US ITAR and EAR regulations including their impact in the UK.
Please Note: The position with be based in Westbury but you will need to complete a training period in Havant which could last 2-3 months. After the training period regular travel to Havant will be required.
Advanced Resource Managers Engineering Limited operates & advertises as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for contract/temporary positions.