The range of roles I help recruit for is as wide as it is varied. In the (ARM Corporate Services) Engineering Division, I support a range of high profile global companies within the defence, satellite and telecommunications industries, which means an ongoing, steep, learning curve.
A global Defence and Aerospace company has an exciting new opportunity for a Thermal Engineer to join its team in Stevenage.
Job DescriptionThe Thermal engineer will provide technical support to ongoing developments being assessed for implementation on Telecom satellite.
Such developments may include new heat pipe technologies, new manufacturing processes, thermal coatings and insulation.
For certain developments the Thermal Engineer will be expected to drive and manage the day to day activities, co-coordinating with other design groups and liaising with Assembly, integration and Test (AIT) and procurement as necessary to ensure the required targets are achieved.
Thermal Engineers independently complete and plan with supervision thermal analyses and test activities to demonstrate achievement of thermal control system requirements. The Thermal Engineer will also participate to high level trade-offs for New Telecom space segment products and variants and maybe expected to support recurring Propulsion thermal design and analysis activities including the validation of design and workmanship during spacecraft level thermal vacuum tests abroad. May be expected to assist with hardware inspections in the cleanrooms to ensure consistency of design and build standards.
Previous experience/ Qualifications
* Degree or equivalent in Physics, Engineering or similar related discipline
* Demonstrable relevant experience in Space or Aerospace
* Experience of working with thermal analysis tools, ESATAN-TMA, MATLAB and Thermica
* Appreciation of thermal system, subsystem or equipment environment, design drivers, conversant with thermal analysis techniques, methods and principles.
* Fundamental knowledge and experience in the application of thermal analysis software tools and the management of simulation data.
* Good communication skills
* Knowledge of the E3000 Spacecraft architecture and airbus defence and space design processes
* Work to specification with correct interpretation of thermal requirements.
* With proven understanding of thermal analysis principles and expected performance, complete and occasionally supervise others in analyses.
* Confirms (and at times supervises) the role and responsibilities of the thermal analysis function, standards of work and data management.
* As part of multidisciplinary team, ensure configuration / detailed design incorporates key features necessary to enable subsystem, design for manufacture, integration and required hardware re-use.
* Ensure thermal testing achieves hardware qualification or acceptance, and quantify effectiveness of analysis and any prior correlation.
* Monitor identified thermal testing, complete post-test assessment and correlation activities.
* The authoring and at times checking of clear and concise thermal analysis reporting, demonstrating the understanding of thermal behaviours and compliance.
* Technical presentation of analysis and test results, observations and conclusions to experts and at formal reviews.
* Prepares and maintains plans, work package descriptions, schedules and risks as to ensure tasks / activities are completed on time, on quality and on cost.
* Representing thermal analysis function considering major part of the product development life cycle, justifies product design and / or achievement of test objectives.
* Presentation of analysis results, observations and conclusions to peers and managers.
Advanced Resource Managers Engineering Limited operates & advertises as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for contract/temporary positions.