The range of roles I help recruit for is as wide as it is varied. In the (ARM Corporate Services) Engineering Division, I support a range of high profile global companies within the defence, satellite and telecommunications industries, which means an ongoing, steep, learning curve.
Thermal Design Engineer
Applications have now closed
Please visit our main job board to see all our current vacancies.
Thermal Design Engineer
An exciting Thermal Design Engineer opportunity has arisen in Guildford.
Job DescriptionKey Purpose
Spacecraft Level Thermal Design and Analysis Solutions on Low Earth Orbit, Geostationary Earth Orbit, and interplanetary missions.
Working within the Thermal Team on fast-paced projects to deliver practical Thermal Control Subsystem (TCS) solutions on schedule and within budget. This will require a dedicated, experienced, innovative and pragmatic approach.
Key Purpose of Job
Responsible for spacecraft thermal control subsystem for the lifetime of a project including testing and in-orbit activities as required:
* Thermal subsystem management including:
* Design and analysis of the spacecraft TCS
* Perform / manage TCS implementation and test activities
* Delivery of an overall thermal solution that fits in with company and project requirements
Support to Team Thermal activities
Thermal subsystem management and thermal analysis and design. Role to include, but not limited to:
* Requirements capture
* Spacecraft level thermal analysis and design
* System / subsystem level interfacing and trade-offs
* Cost, risk, schedule and performance trades
* Implementation of the design including appropriate hardware selection and management as required.
* Test planning, test and verification of the design,
* Understanding and improving related company standards and work practices
* Perform / manage unit level analysis and design or piece part testing as required
* Management of subcontractors as required
* Interfacing to internal and external customers
* Management of one or more project work packages
* Knowledge, Skills and Experience
* A good Degree in Engineering or Physics or appropriate vocational qualifications
* Relevant experience in appropriate thermal design and analysis in the space industry
* Experience using Thermica, Sinda-G and ESATAN analysis tools advantageous
* Experience with active and passive TCS hardware
* Planning and support of thermal vacuum tests
* Space mission and system level experience, including interfacing to other disciplines such as Mechanics, AOCS, Propulsion, AIT and Operations
* Experience of converting between the thermal tools is desirable but not essential
Knowledge & Skills
* A system level understanding of thermal subsystem design
* Good thermal design and analysis skills
* Excellent verbal communications and presentations skills
* Excellent writing skills with a proven ability to generate high quality technical documentation
* Excellent organisational, management and team working skills
* Good knowledge of MS Office Excel, Word and PowerPoint
* Proven ability to deliver solutions under pressure and to tight timescales
Advanced Resource Managers Engineering Limited operates & advertises as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for contract/temporary positions.