The typical job roles which I recruit for include technical superintendents, marine superintendents, vessel managers, fleet managers, technical managers and director level. As a technical recruiter for the shipping sector, I use my expertise to build relationships that help support ship owners, ship managers and candidates.
Test & Validation Technicians
Applications have now closed
Please visit our main Job Board to see all our current vacancies.
Test & Validation Technicians
Due to a new Test and Validation Project, we now have 2 positions available for Test Technicians to join our manufacturing client in Staffordshire.
Job DescriptionTest & Validation Technicians x 2
£23,000 - £26,000
We are looking to recruit two Test & Validation Technicians on 12 month fixed term contracts. The roles are full time and the salaries will be in the region of £23K to £26K dependant on experience.
Our client are a manufacturer for the Science industry with a global portfolio of clients.
For this position, we are looking to speak with Technicians who have experience of working within the test department for a manufacturer - ideally with instruments / instrumentation.
Purpose of the role:
- To carry out CE compliance testing of products identifying and documenting any issues or gaps. To actively suggest solutions to any compliance issues.
Main responsibilities of the job:
- The testing of the products in accordance with applicable standards including both safety and electromagnetic compatibility testing.
- Aid in the construction of test and validation procedures from product specifications and applicable standards.
- Perform software and instrument testing, based on documented test and validation procedures.
- Perform problem solving, risk evaluation and issue management relating to product compliance testing.
- Write up / document test reports in accordance with the relevant standards t be used in product technical files.
- Involvement with external test houses to ensure testing proceeds with all correct documentation, liaising with respective engineers to ensure units achieve the required product compliance
- Be aware and keep abreast of relevant legal and health safety requirements.
- Carry out all duties in accordance with the company's procedures and policies and fulfil all responsibilities defined in the Company's ISO9001 Quality Manual.
- To maintain confidentiality of product design, ideas and manufacturing techniques.
- Be responsible for identifying, evaluating and controlling developing risks.
- To carry out such other duties as may be required to achieve the overall purpose of the job.
The job - accountabilities:
-Testing and validation of products (both existing and new) in accordance with relevant standards,
-Documented test reports to support the product technical file.
-Independence of view, able to critically and honestly feed back to the business where and how a product fails to meet the expectations placed upon it from the Compliance, marketing and engineering specifications.
-Attention to detail and the ability to work through complex and potentially repetitive test plans, identifying and documented observed and suspected anomalies as the work proceeds.
-From a mechanical or electrical engineering background.
- HNC qualified or equivalent experience.
- Thorough and methodical approach to work, highly organised, accurate, meticulous attention to detail.
- Good analytical and problem solving skills.
- Good Microsoft Office and report writing skills.
- Good communications skills, team player, cooperative.
- Ability to work as a part of a team and on own initiative.
- Ability to plan work and work to deadlines.
- Creative and innovative approach to problem solving.
- No direct reports. Financial Management:
- Not to exceed the levels of authority delegated by your line manager.
- Not to incur expenditure without prior permission.
- To operate and work at all times within the policies and practices of the Company and within the law relating to employment.
Advanced Resource Managers Engineering Limited operates & advertises as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for contract/temporary positions.