I cover CEMs, electronics, automotive, aerospace, rail, avionics, defence, machinery, medical, semiconductor and automation. Within these industries I recruit a broad range of expertise including design, mechanical and electronics engineering, project management, technical publications, maintenance and testing.
Applications have now closed
Please visit our main job board to see all our current vacancies.
Are you a Test Engineer with a passion for all things medical? Looking to take that step up and lead a team? You could be the exact person I am looking for!
Job DescriptionTest Supervisor
I am looking to speak with Test Engineers who have experience of leading a team of engineers and / or technicians.
My client, a reputable designer and manufacturer of x-ray equipment are seeking a Test Supervisor to join their team in Woking, Surrey.
Although they specialise in the Medical sector, Medical experience is not essential but highly regulated industry experience with high voltage equipment would be highly desirable (i.e Automotive, Aerospace, Rail)
You will be responsible for a team of 4 Test Engineers and will be reporting directly to the Production Manager.
Your key duties will include;
- To supervise, direct and motivate a small team of test engineers to test, fault find and repair the company's products in line with internal test procedures and specifications in a timely manner.
- To manage the day to day routines for the team including work planning, time planning, holiday planning, absence management, punctuality management, conduct and behaviour management (up to disciplinary proceedings).
- Be responsible for maintaining good health and safety practices for the test department as well as the up keep of maintenance logs for all X-ray boxes.
- Create, update, improve and maintain all test documentation with the aid and assistance of the Engineering department.
- Work closely with other departments to highlight any production or quality problems that may occur.
- Be able to work with Sales and Engineering to help implement new procedures and processes.
- Remove quality issues arising from the Test Department though training and demonstration.
- Maintain, repair and design/make existing and new test equipment.
- Help to maintain the companies ISO9001 accreditation.
- Help implement or carry out any changes required by the company's radiation protection adviser.
- Implement improvements that can be made to the way products and spares are currently tested or documented.
- Computer literate, familiar with Microsoft office packages.
- At least HND level or equivalent in Electronic and Electrical engineering or similar.
- A sound working knowledge of Analogue and Digital circuits would be beneficial.
- Self-motivated with the ability to prioritise and delegate a varying work load.
- Good standards of written and verbal communications.
- Numerate with the ability to analyse and manipulate numerical data.
- Logical decision maker.
- Personable attitude, able to create and sustain good working relationships with internal colleagues.
- Experience of 1st line management within a test/production environment.
Please contact Ryan Shipston for more information on 02392 228279
Advanced Resource Managers Engineering Limited operates & advertises as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for contract/temporary positions.