I am focused on recruiting professionals of all levels within the defence, satellite and telecommunications industries. I excel in recruiting for the harder to fill positions, as the challenge makes me more determined to succeed. Knowing it is going to be difficult makes it all the more worthwhile once you have placed the candidate.
Applications have now closed
Please visit our main job board to see all our current vacancies.
Test Engineer required to work for a reputable and global leader within defence and aerospace...
Job DescriptionTest Engineer
Global leader in the defence and aerospace engineering industry. Products include Power and Control Units, Helmet Mounted Systems, Mission Management Systems, Electro-Optical Systems, Emergency Personal Location Systems, Defensive Aids and Countermeasures Systems, Display Systems, Guided Weapon Systems, Training and Simulation, Force Protection & C4I Systems.
The Production Test Engineer reports to the Head of Engineering Manufacturing and Head of Production.
As a Test Engineer you'll test, carry out diagnosis and repair failures of complex electronic assemblies whilst performing related support activities.
* Test product as required, ensuring the achievement of the required delivery targets
* Diagnose failed assemblies to both sub-assembly and to component level.
* Set up test equipment and software
* Complete test records, both manually and electronically as determined by the test procedures.
* When required, manage activities of Test Technicians/ Semi-Skilled Technicians responsible for testing of products on your assigned projects.
* Produce or assist in production of test documentation as required for both new and existing products.
* Provide first line support/ maintenance with test equipment and work with the test development team to identify and implement improvements
* Be willing to continue learning and be prepared to undertake training as required on both products and test equipment.
* Be prepared to work outside of normal hours occasionally, to support the needs of the business.
* Be prepared to travel both locally and internationally from time to time, to undertake training or to provide technical support to suppliers/ customers.
* Have a flexible attitude and be proactive in adding value across the business.
* Qualified to City and Guilds/ ONC and above in Electrical/ Electronic Engineering
* Have demonstrable experience of testing and diagnosing complex analogue, digital and processor based products to component level.
* Use of automated and PC based, test equipment
* Have previous experience working within aerospace and defence industries
* Take responsibility for tasks and deadlines, prioritising activities appropriately with minimal supervision.
Please Note: Due to the nature of the electronic products, you will be required to undergo UK MOD Security Clearance.
If you feel you have the right skills and experience to be considered for this position please apply now or send your CV directly to:
Advanced Resource Managers Engineering Limited operates & advertises as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for contract/temporary positions.