I specialise in permanent and contract recruitment within aerospace and defence. I excel at resourcing engineering and professional support services within the defence industry encompassing commercial management, operations, planning, PMO, procurement, quality assurance, systems safety and systems/software engineering.
A world-leading defence organisation are now seeking a Technical Author to join their team in RAF Waddington. The successful Technical Author will be responsible for providing authoring support including development, changes and upgrades of technical documents such as procedure manuals, user manuals, service manuals and related technical publications. Due to the nature of the work all applicants must be able and willing to obtain SC clearance.
Job DescriptionJob Title: Technical Author
Salary: Up to £40,000 per annum + Benefits
Location: RAF Waddington
A world-leading defence company, with several major customers in the UK public and private sectors, are now seeking an experienced Technical Author to join their team in RAF Waddington. This is a permanent opportunity with a salary of up to £40,000 + fantastic company benefits. Due to the nature of the work all applicants must be able and willing to obtain SC clearance.
The successful Technical Author will be responsible for providing authoring support including development, changes and upgrades of technical documents such as procedure manuals, user manuals, service manuals and related technical publications. You will also oversee the preparation of illustrative materials, selecting drawings, sketches, diagrams and charts.
* Prepare Technical Publication changes/revisions using Microsoft Word and Standard Generalised Markup Language (SGML)
* Improve existing technical data by consolidating, editing and reformatting data
* Conduct quality review of materials
* Possesses excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
* Can develop and maintain positive Stakeholder relationships in a complex challenging environment
* Champions continual process improvement
* Applicants must be able to hold and maintain UK Government clearances
* Possess knowledge of structured markup languages XML or SGML and the technical publications development process.
* Experience with Arbortext Epic Editor SGML/XML authoring software, adobe Acrobat, as well as Microsoft Office.
* Experience with the trilogy suite of publication tools including trilogiBuild, trilogiReview and trilogiView.
Should you be interested in applying or hearing more about this position please submit your application to Daniel Smith on 02392458040 or email your latest CV
This vacancy is being advertised by Advanced Resource Managers. ARM is a specialist talent acquisition and management consultancy. We provide technical contingency recruitment and a portfolio of more complex resource solutions. Our specialist recruitment divisions cover the entire technical arena, including some of the most economically and strategically important industries in the UK and the world today. We will never send your CV without your permission.
Advanced Resource Managers Engineering Limited operates & advertises as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for contract/temporary positions.