I am responsible for sourcing the best IT talent for our corporate services clients. I excel in covering all IT contract roles, from first-line support to programme managers and entry level developers to enterprise architects.
Systems Software Analyst
Applications have now closed
Please visit our main job board to see all our current vacancies.
Systems Software Analyst
* This role is to monitor the performance of the rolling stock subcontractor's software development and testing programme to support opening; providing insight and assurance into reported progress. * Changes to sub-system software are considered inevitable during testing and reliability growth phases: this role will also be responsible for ensuring that proposed software changes for trains or infrastructure sub-systems have been subject to an appropriate level of verification
Job DescriptionSystems Software Analyst
18 month contract +
My client is currently looking to recruit a Systems Software Analyst for a new contract role based in London
Purpose of the role
* This role is required to monitor the performance of the rolling stock subcontractor's software development and testing programme to support opening; providing insight and assurance into reported progress.
* Changes to sub-system software are considered inevitable during testing and reliability growth phases: this role will also be responsible for ensuring that proposed software changes for trains or infrastructure sub-systems have been subject to an appropriate level of verification and validation, and that software configuration is understood and controlled.
* To monitor performance of the rolling stock subcontractor's software development programme in support of Stage 2 and Stage 3 opening and related testing activity.
* To review detailed contractor software Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and use the data to accurately validate overall software development progress against the project milestones and predict in advance whether the subcontractor needs to take corrective action.
* To develop a software production progress report collaboratively with client giving an accurate and agreed view of: progress towards key milestones; defect resolution and system software safety verification and validation assessments.
* To design and apply a process to control software changes to sub-systems, with particular emphasis on checking that appropriate evidence has been produced to demonstrate changes will deliver the design intent.
* To ensure that software configuration control is maintained and that clarity exists over software versions in use and under development at laboratory, test and in-service environments.
* To ensure that any software changes proposed for trains or infrastructure sub-systems have been subject to an appropriate level of verification and validation for safety (including cyber attack resistance) and that there is no unintended impact on the safety or performance at either the sub-system or overarching railway-system level.
Main challenges of the job
* To obtain and provide detailed and accurate software progress information, such that the client can ensure the delivery of specific levels of Unit functionality associated with each project opening stage.
* To implement a software change control process that can be operated effectively within the demands of a project delivery environment.
* To maintain clarity and control over the versions of software in use and under development at any point in time.
* To ensure that the team and rolling stock manufacturer agree acceptable software quality and approvals standards prior to delivery, and that these are demonstrably achieved and documented.
* Ability to understand software architecture and knowledge of best practice software design, development and validation processes (V-cycle).
* Experience of software change control processes, configuration management and their application.
* Ability to design and apply Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to the software V-cycle to measure real progress against programme milestones
* Relevant higher qualification relating to Software Engineering.
* Knowledge of technical railway terminology.
* Member of a relevant professional body or working towards membership status.
* Excellent organisational skills, attention to detail, consistency and self-discipline.
* Good interpersonal skills with proven ability to work effectively as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
Advanced Resource Managers IT Limited operates & advertises as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for contract/temporary positions.