I am a recruitment specialist in the aerospace and defence domain. My skills include resourcing experienced and highly-skilled individuals for roles and projects such as quality assurance, programme support and project management.
Applications have now closed
Please visit our main job board to see all our current vacancies.
SYSTEMS ENGINEER - BEDFORDSHIRE - £45,000 Are you an accomplished Systems Engineer with full life-cycle experience? Have you worked on Command, Control and Communication Intelligence (C3I) systems? If yes, my client - a Defence giant - will want to see your CV! Please read on and apply below!
Job DescriptionJob Title: Systems Engineer
Locations: Ampthill, Bedfordshire
Salary: up to £45,000 + benefits
My client - a leading Defence giant - is seeking Systems Engineers with experience in delivering complex, software intensive C3I (Command, Control, Communications, Intelligence) systems to work on the design and development of a new Ground Based Air Defence system (GBAD). Successful candidates will have demonstrable experience in defining and capturing requirements, developing system level designs and seeing work through to verification and commissioning activities. An understanding and experience of requirements-based SE methods and processes and the ability to work with Agile development principles would be advantageous.
Successful candidate’s responsibilities include:
- Carrying out allotted systems engineering tasks in accordance with the Systems Engineering management plan across the systems lifecycle
- Regular reporting to the Systems Engineering lead
- Generation and maintenance of Sub-system Requirements Documents (SSRD), system design documents and Interface Control Documents (ICD).
- Populate and maintain the verification and acceptance statements in the verification cross reference matrix(VCRM) for the various SSRDs and SRD
- Maintenance of traceability of requirements from the SRD down to the various SSRDs, ICDs and specifications
- Contribute to the definition of the detailed system design
- Preparation for system level design reviews
- Development and authoring of Trade Studies
- Development and authoring of Customer Reports and deliverables
- Development and management of systems engineering metrics
- Coordination activities across the systems, software and integration teams
- Ad hoc tasking from the Systems Engineering Lead
Required skills, qualifications and experience
- Experience of working within a large multi-disciplinary engineering team to deliver complex systems to tight deadlines
- Excellent knowledge of various Systems Engineering lifecycle concepts, experience of requirements-based SE methods and processes would be advantageous
- Experience of requirements engineering across the whole systems lifecyle using DOORS
- Ability to use innovation and traditional methods to develop technical solutions to both simple and more complex problems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge and experience of any of the following:
engineering and delivering software intensive systems
engineering and delivering networked systems to military customers
battlespace management systems
- Use and application of Systems Engineering technical standards, and MoD documentation (e.g. Def Stans), principles, theories, concepts and techniques and applying their relevance to the projects
Desired skills, qualifications and experience
- Software and IP networks engineering experience and background
- Knowledge and experience of integrating ground-based radar systems, missile systems or tactical data links
- Experience of Safety Critical system development would be advantageous
- Experience of developing and using synthetic environments to deliver Live Virtual Constructive Training Systems
- Understanding of MOD and Government network and security guidance
- Knowledge of any of the following tools would be advantageous:
- EXata, VRForces, Test Complete, IBM Rhapsody, IBM Rational Publishing Engine, IBM Rational Quality Manager, Atlassion JIRA
Advanced Resource Managers Engineering Limited operates & advertises as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for contract/temporary positions.