I cover a wide range of vacancies across the defence sector working on contract and permanent opportunities. I use my expertise to source quality candidates and maintain client relationships. My background is aerospace, working for one of the UK's largest commercial airlines. I am now using my…
System Architect required on a contract basis for an international space and defence client.
Job DescriptionThe "Intelligence" programme line of our clients business offers an unrivalled combination of Earth observation imagery and geo-information products and services.
Our extensive portfolio spans the entire geo-information value chain, providing decision-makers sustainable solutions to increase security, protect the environment and better manage natural resources in our changing world.
Backed by more than 25 years of experience, and with a worldwide presence through 20 offices and more than 100 distributors and partners around the globe.
Our client is specifically recruiting candidates who will be based in a UK office - further information about this project would be supplied at interview.
To be the overall System Architect for a Middle East project, leading a small team of experts in the design of operational, building, application and IT components.
Much of the work will require an in-country presence so can be based out of any of the UK Intelligence Offices (Guildford, Newcastle, Leicester or Newport)
Key Responsibilities for candidate:
1. Provide overall system architecture design for the solution, including Application, IT and cyber security as a minimum
2. Lead design process: Finalising existing concept design materials and then leading production of preliminary and detailed design materials
3. Building the relationship with the customers, including attending meetings in the Middle East to collect and refine requirements
4. Manage a team of up to 6 staff including domain experts, application experts, IT experts and a building architect
5. To deliver analysis, design and architecture materials as specifications or reports and obtain sign-off with customer representatives
6. Including production of digital mock-ups of building, system or process elements as required to gain acceptance of designs from the customer
7. To review output of the technical team and ensure traceability of requirements Previous experience of GIS and/or analytical features would be an advantage but not essential.
Location: UK based (Various locations) Leicester / Newcastle Upon Tyne / Guildford
Contract Duration: 7 months
Contractor Ltd Co. Rate Negotiable
Basic Hours: 37 per week
Should you be interested in applying or hearing more about this position please submit your application to Kaitee Parsons on 02392228209 or email your latest CV
This vacancy is being advertised by Advanced Resource Managers.
ARM is a specialist talent acquisition and management consultancy. We provide technical contingency recruitment and a portfolio of more complex resource solutions.
Our specialist recruitment divisions cover the entire technical arena, including some of the most economically and strategically important industries in the UK and the world today.
We will never send your CV without your permission
Advanced Resource Managers Engineering Limited operates & advertises as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for contract/temporary positions.