I have worked in Aberdeen for 15 years, specialising in the recruitment of senior professionals in the oil and gas executive market. Every day I always try to add the personal touch to whatever I do. Working in the oil and gas sector I have built long lasting relationships with my clients and candidates.
Supply Chain Specialist
Applications have now closed
Please visit our main job board to see all our current vacancies.
Supply Chain Specialist
Our client is looking for Supply Chain Specialists to work at their sites in Shanghai and Suzhou, China.
Job DescriptionSupply Chain Specialists
China- x1 Shanghai, x2 Suzhou
Our client requires 3 Supply Chain specialists responsible for Order Management and Supply Chain Project Management for operations in Suzhou and Shanghai, China.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Manage the purchase orders for varieties of materials and supplies from Purchase Order Placement to Shipment out of China.
- Ensure good supplier Safety, Quality and Delivery performance.
- Manage key supplier's Production and Delivery plans and supplier's Scalability (Capacity Increase/Decrease) Plans.
- Lead Process Improvement activities for suppliers at their facilities.
- Interface with Logistics service providers (3PL, Freight Forwarders, etc) to assist suppliers in solving any Logistics related issues.
- Responsible for data collection and analysis for vendor On-Time Delivery performance measurement.
- Lead periodic meetings with key vendors to follow up and manage all ongoing activities and open actions.
- Negotiate with approved vendors and/or select new suppliers for qualification in conjunction with the Supply Chain Manager.
- Work closely with the Quality team guarantee supplier "Quality at the Source" and resolution of supplier non-conformances.
- Constantly communicate with suppliers; consistently follow up on expected deliverable (e.g. production schedules, inspection plans, etc).
- Responsible for Supplier interface and relationship management.
- May recommend new developments in materials and supplies and on improving quality and cost of purchased product.
- Perform complex duties and exercise judgement for decision making and problem solving.
- Execute special projects, as assigned by the Supply Chain Manager.
- Manage the supply chain of Forum China in accordance to the Company rules, regulations and objectives, in conjunction with the Supply Chain Manager.
- Supply Chain Manager
Required Qualifications & Skills:
- Must be fluent in English and Mandarin and able to travel domestically and internationally, as required.
- Previous experience within a similar role.
- Project management skills are highly preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of total supply chain activities.
- Knowledge of the (related) local supply market is highly preferred.
- Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering knowledge.
- Understanding of chemical, physical, and technical properties of steel.
- Degree in Business Management or Supply Chain or equivalent.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Good interpersonal and communication. Ability to deliver written communications in in a very structured and objective manner.
- Good organisational skills.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Good analytical skills.
- Apply knowledge of purchasing practices, principles and procedures.
- ERP/MRP experience.
- Must be able to work independently, with little to no direct supervision and properly interact with other functional areas.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook and Project.
Advanced Resource Managers Engineering Limited operates & advertises as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for contract/temporary positions.