I specialise in permanent and contract recruitment within aerospace and defence. I excel at resourcing engineering and professional support services within the defence industry encompassing commercial management, operations, planning, PMO, procurement, quality assurance, systems safety and systems/software engineering.
Supplier Quality Engineering Manager
Applications have now closed
Please visit our main job board to see all our current vacancies.
Supplier Quality Engineering Manager
One of the world's largest defence organisations are now seeking a Supplier Quality Engineering Manager to join their team in Bedfordshire. This role requires a confident and motivated individual that has the ability to develop and deliver supplier quality strategy in line with the overall site business plan. Due to the nature of the work, all applicants must be able and willing to obtain SC clearance.
Job DescriptionJob Title: Supplier Quality Engineering Manager
Salary: Up to £65,000 + Benefits
Location: Bedfordshire (Commutable from: Milton Keynes, Bedford, Luton, Stevenage, Leighton Buzzard, Northampton)
One of the world's largest defence organisations are now seeking a Supplier Quality Engineering Manager to join their team in Bedfordshire. This is a permanent opportunity with a salary of up to £65,000 per annum (dependant on experience) + fantastic company benefits. Due to the nature of the work, all applicants must be able and willing to obtain SC clearance.
Reporting directly to the Head of Quality, the Supplier Quality Engineering Manager will be responsible for the assurance of Supplier Quality across the site. This will include coordinating employee recruitment, selection and training, performance assessment, work assignments and developing functional supplier quality capability through structured team and individual career / training plans.
The successful applicant will also be responsible for supporting the Supply Chain in the selection and development of the company's Suppliers and Subcontractors and is expected to define and maintain Supplier Approval requirements and the necessary metrics to maximise effect, and ensure the maintenance of the company's Supplier Records.
* Able to lead and manage all aspects of quality assurance across a range of suppliers and sub-contractors.
* Experienced Quality Manager having prior successes working with System Suppliers, Build-to-Print manufacturers and Internal Design Teams.
* Ability to apply advanced quality engineering principles with internal teams and suppliers. Experience or knowledge of QA tools including; APQP, PPAP, MSA, SPC, FMEA, Poke Yoke, RCCA and Control Plans.
* Experience of leading RCCA teams and Material Review Boards to drive solutions to issues and implement robust preventative actions.
* Knowledge of ISO9001, AS9100 and AQAP-2110, and experience of auditing programmes to these standards.
* Ability to develop processes that are compliant with company processes and policies and industry quality standards.
* Ability to challenge individuals at all levels to ensure compliance to business processes and standards.
* Strong stakeholder management skills.
* Able to work effectively when either leading, or as a member of a wider team.
* Knowledge of Electrical/Electronic manufacture and Integration, Welding and Special Processes in the automotive or defence sector.
Should you be interested in applying or hearing more about this position please submit your application to Daniel Smith on 02392458040 or email your latest CV
This vacancy is being advertised by Advanced Resource Managers. ARM is a specialist talent acquisition and management consultancy. We provide technical contingency recruitment and a portfolio of more complex resource solutions. Our specialist recruitment divisions cover the entire technical arena, including some of the most economically and strategically important industries in the UK and the world today. We will never send your CV without your permission.
Advanced Resource Managers Engineering Limited operates & advertises as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for contract/temporary positions.