The typical job roles which I recruit for include Project Engineers, Project Managers, Electrical / Mechanical Engineers, Electrical / Mechanical Fitters, Quality Engineers, Reliability Engineers, RAMS Consultants and Senior Management. I currently work within the Manufacturing & Technologies…
Supplier Quality Engineer
Supplier Quality Engineer
We are currently looking for a Supplier Quality Engineer / Procurement Engineer to join our client in Lincoln. Experience with Coatings and Casting within a turbine environment is highly desirable.
Job DescriptionSupplier Quality Engineer
Our client, a globally recognised manufacturing organisation are looking for Supplier Quality Engineer / Procurement Engineer to join the turbine division in Lincoln, Lincolnshire.
As a Procurement Engineer / Supplier Quality Engineer you will have come from a manufacturing background which will include working with rotary equipment i.e. turbines or compressors.
Manufacturing experience will also need to include working with Castings or Coatings and international supplier experience.
The purpose of this role is to be pivotal in both project managing supplier related technical projects and qualifying new process/parts within the supply base. These projects include risk mitigation/dual sourcing, product development and cost reduction.
The successful candidate will be the main link between the engineering teams and suppliers with a focus on value engineering and quality.
What are my responsibilities?
- Leading product/process qualifications from initial product design phases through to full release into serial production
- Lead supplier root cause investigations and corrective actions through Problem Resolution process.
- Support production with quality issues within the supply chain in support of delivering the business program
- Investigate and resolve manufacturing capability issues within the supply chain to ensure business continuity
- Conduct improvement projects for quality and delivery performance
- Identify and support Cost reduction opportunities through interaction with the Supply Chain/Strategy
- Audit existing and potential suppliers to determine capability of manufacturing and ensure quality systems are in place. Develop supplier capability to meet current and future requirements
- Lead and/or facilitate improvement projects to satisfy problems and improve performance of suppliers by applying appropriate LEAN / Quality improvement tools
- Provides supplier quality performance data to ensure a meaningful supplier performance evaluation
Advanced Resource Managers Engineering Limited operates & advertises as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for contract/temporary positions.