The typical job roles which I recruit for include Project Engineers, Project Managers, Electrical / Mechanical Engineers, Electrical / Mechanical Fitters, Quality Engineers, Reliability Engineers, RAMS Consultants and Senior Management. I currently work within the Manufacturing & Technologies…
Supplier Quality Engineer (Medical) - Oxford
Applications have now closed
Please visit our main job board to see all our current vacancies.
Supplier Quality Engineer (Medical) - Oxford
I am looking for Quality Engineers to join my client, a Medical Manufacturer in Oxford, Oxfordshire. Candidates need to have experience of working within the quality department for the Medical industry or have experience working within a highly regulated sector.
Job DescriptionSupplier Quality Engineer (Medical)
My client, a globally recognised Manufacturing organisation are currently looking for a Supplier Quality Engineer / Quality Engineer at their facility in Oxford.
With operations across a variety of sectors including Power Generation, Rail and Aviation you will be joining the medical division of the organisation.
As a Supplier Quality Engineer / Quality Engineer you will have experience of working within a quality department. Experience of working with medical devices / scientific / pharmaceutical would be advantageous, but other highly regulated industries can be considered such as Automotive or Aviation.
Candidates need to have experience of using Lean Manufacturing methodologies such as 8D, 5Y's or Ishikawa to complete RCA / Root Cause Analysis to investigate problems suppliers / customers are having.
What are my responsibilities?
- To consult and develop novel approaches to supporting business activities by utilising quality tools, methodologies, and best practices.
- To carry out internal business audits to relevant regulations and industry standards ensuring business compliance and continual improvement.
- Monitoring and reporting current performance levels for customers complaints, product monitoring, internal processes audits and to prevent or escalate product safety issues.
- To liaise with suppliers to manage supper quality issues, in conjunction with SCM.
- Identify possible improvements, including cost reduction and process improvements, and to lead or participate in continuous Improvement activity, ensuring all processes are documented correctly
- To support the continuous development, compliance of regulations, and industry standards of the business and suppliers of MR SMT by completing the scheduled audits, report on findings, identify actions and check effectiveness of implemented actions.
- Record submitted concessions and release in a timely manner to allow shipment of product to take place as scheduled wherever possible. Ensuring that concession applications contain adequate information and that they have been adequately reviewed and approved.
- Trend and monitor concession issues to identify and recommend improvement action.
- Support CS & SCM during investigation by obtaining and reviewing build records from SAP / microfilm as and when required
- Supplier Quality Management Framework:- Drive implementation and maintain a prevention-oriented approach to SQM, to ensure compliance of Supplier Management with applicable regulatory and quality requirements and in alignment with the Quality Management and SCM requirements and policies.
What do I need to qualify for the role?
- Ideally degree qualified or possess work-based experience in a highly regulated, quality critical environment.
- Demonstrate understanding of supplier quality management, and the use of appropriate problem solving tools including 8D, 5Why's, Ishikawa, Lean Manufacturing methods, etc.
- A basic understanding of the requirements in ISO 9001 is highly desirable, experience in conducting internal & supplier audits to ISO 9001 standards.
- Problem solving skills are essential, as well as a firm character and the ability to work as part of a team and alone.
- Planning & organisational skills, Meeting facilitation, Relationship management, Communication skills, Presentations & Facilitation skills
It is important to be computer literate and analytical, with a proven ability to work with statistics and manipulate data in Excel and/or Access to produce reports
- Required to visit suppliers in the UK, Europe and occasionally the Far East to audit and build relationships.
Advanced Resource Managers Engineering Limited operates & advertises as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for contract/temporary positions.