I specialise in virtualisation and storage recruitment. I’m constantly speaking to candidates working for some of the industry’s biggest and most interesting players. I secure new opportunities for engineers, consultants and architects. This includes pre and post sales delivery, as well as end users.
Applications have now closed
Please visit our main job board to see all our current vacancies.
VMware Specialist required for an exciting Storage/Virtualisation vendor! Apply now for further info!
Job DescriptionSenior Technical Support Engineer - VMware Specialist
Up to £55k + benefits
This senior level position will involves working within their global Customer Services (technical support) function; this location covers all of Europe but may on occasion work with customers from all over the world and will contribute to a 24x7 customer services organisation. This role will be primarily office based.
The ideal candidate will have excellent interpersonal communication (both written and spoken) and have a strong track record in managing potentially complex customer issues through to resolution. And foreign language skills (French, Dutch, or German particularly, but not essential) a significant plus.
The responsibilities of the position include:
- Troubleshoot, analyse, and provide root cause and/or workaround for issues reported by customers and internal field technical teams
- Excellent ability to communicate effectively with people from all over the world including internal stakeholders and external customers
- Work closely with other areas of the business including Developers, QA and other support team members to create patches and workarounds for customers
- Work closely with 3rd party solution providers, including partners and other vendors of both hardware and software components of end-to-end enterprise solutions
- Create solutions and expand internal knowledge base
- Documentation of customer issues in our customer service tool
- Contribute to root cause analysis documentation if required
- Identify and resolve performance bottlenecks in customer environments
- Read product documentation of external technologies that the team encounters and identify/resolve any potential configuration conflicts
Need to have..
- You are a Virtualisation Guru, with deep technical expertise in XenServer and/or vSphere ESXi hypervisor(s)
- You can identify, troubleshoot, and resolve performance problems at both hypervisor and Guest VM level
- You hold industry virtualisation certifications in VMware or Citrix (mandatory) such as VCA, VCP, VCAP, CCA, CCP or CCE
- You have knowledge of SAN or NAS Enterprise storage solutions as well as supporting networking solutions
- You have some knowledge / experience of working in Linux-based command line environments (not required deep technical understanding / experience of Linux)
Nice to have...
- You have some exposure to scripting such as Powershell or Python (desirable)
- VDI Skills (XenApp, XenDesktop, VMware view etc.)
- B.S. degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Minimum 3 or more years of experience in a support, IT or similar position for Financial Services or other large enterprise customers
Advanced Resource Managers IT Limited operates & advertises as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for contract/temporary positions.