I specialise in virtualisation and storage recruitment. I’m constantly speaking to candidates working for some of the industry’s biggest and most interesting players. I secure new opportunities for engineers, consultants and architects. This includes pre and post sales delivery, as well as end users.
VMware Specialist required for an exciting Storage/Virtualisation vendor! Apply now for further info!
Job DescriptionSenior Technical Support Engineer - VMware Specialist
Up to £55k + benefits
This senior level position will involves working within their global Customer Services (technical support) function; this location covers all of Europe but may on occasion work with customers from all over the world and will contribute to a 24x7 customer services organisation. This role will be primarily office based.
The ideal candidate will have excellent interpersonal communication (both written and spoken) and have a strong track record in managing potentially complex customer issues through to resolution. And foreign language skills (French, Dutch, or German particularly, but not essential) a significant plus.
The responsibilities of the position include:
- Troubleshoot, analyse, and provide root cause and/or workaround for issues reported by customers and internal field technical teams
- Excellent ability to communicate effectively with people from all over the world including internal stakeholders and external customers
- Work closely with other areas of the business including Developers, QA and other support team members to create patches and workarounds for customers
- Work closely with 3rd party solution providers, including partners and other vendors of both hardware and software components of end-to-end enterprise solutions
- Create solutions and expand internal knowledge base
- Documentation of customer issues in our customer service tool
- Contribute to root cause analysis documentation if required
- Identify and resolve performance bottlenecks in customer environments
- Read product documentation of external technologies that the team encounters and identify/resolve any potential configuration conflicts
Need to have..
- You are a Virtualisation Guru, with deep technical expertise in XenServer and/or vSphere ESXi hypervisor(s)
- You can identify, troubleshoot, and resolve performance problems at both hypervisor and Guest VM level
- You hold industry virtualisation certifications in VMware or Citrix (mandatory) such as VCA, VCP, VCAP, CCA, CCP or CCE
- You have knowledge of SAN or NAS Enterprise storage solutions as well as supporting networking solutions
- You have some knowledge / experience of working in Linux-based command line environments (not required deep technical understanding / experience of Linux)
Nice to have...
- You have some exposure to scripting such as Powershell or Python (desirable)
- VDI Skills (XenApp, XenDesktop, VMware view etc.)
- B.S. degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Minimum 3 or more years of experience in a support, IT or similar position for Financial Services or other large enterprise customers
Advanced Resource Managers IT Limited operates & advertises as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for contract/temporary positions.