I specialise in contract roles for IT security across major accounts at ARM. I excel in all aspects of full life cycle recruitment across IT and business. Due to my IT security knowledge I am able to reach out to candidates for niche roles which has had a really positive effect on my candidate network.
SQL Database Administrator
Applications have now closed
Please visit our main job board to see all our current vacancies.
SQL Database Administrator
Our client, a major utilities company require an SQL DBA whose core responsibility will be to provide database administration, data migration and database support work.
Job DescriptionSQL Database Administrator
Our client, a major utilities company require an SQL DBA whose core responsibility will be to provide database administration, data migration and database support work in respect of numerous projects and business as usual tasks within the clients transformation department supporting the delivery of systems and solutions.
The role will require a highly skilled, numerate and flexible self-starter, capable of taking on responsibilities whilst working in a small but highly demanding and productive team environment, working closely with both the projects and applications support teams to deliver robust solutions.
The successful DBA will have the following skills and attributes:
- Proven knowledge and experience applying database administration skills in a SQL Server 2000-2014 environment
- T-SQL/SQL development
- Database Modelling, covering database physical structure and functional capabilities,
- Database Administration, covering security, backup and recovery, tuning, optimisation & monitoring in both development and production environments
- Data migration experience
- High Availability database design
- Experience working in a support environment
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Reporting & Integration Services (SSRS & SSIS)
- Experience in a Windows Server environment
- Ability to manage workloads under pressure and in a changing environment
- A commitment to quality and thoroughness in the approach to work
- Ability to document database systems and processes
- Excellent communication skills and a self-starting capability
- A high level of IT literacy and experience using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Advantageous knowledge and experience
- Biztalk Server integration and configuration
- MySQL knowledge
- VB and C#.net 2003-2012
- IIS Administration
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM support experience
- Experience in the utilities industry
- Planning and work organisation skills
- Develop database strategies for existing and new solutions and through this support the analysis of others
- Plan, control and maintain database security, backups, recovery and availability
- Produce logical data models and standardised documentation for all databases in order to support future design considerations in respect of new and existing solutions
- Design, code and implement physical database architecture for existing and new solutions
- Troubleshoot and provide on-going support for systems issues relating to database matters that may be raised through the Helpdesk
- Provide on-going monitoring, control and tuning to maintain effective performance of databases in all live and test environments
- Maintain the quality and accuracy of database components being delivered
- Support and provide feedback to project and applications support teams in respect of ensuring work is being carried out in accordance with work schedules and quality expectations
- Provide estimates and feedback to the Project Manager for scheduling and planning purposes
- Adhere to policies, guidelines, development lifecycle and other governance's applied within the department
- Support the project and applications support teams in any other activities deemed appropriate for supporting the department and its clients
- Support, as and when required, in the extraction of data to support reporting functions ensuring that no production environments are compromised in the process.
- The role comes with a liability for 24 x 7 on call support (One week in four), covering DBA and other infrastructure functions.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Experience within a similar DBA role.
- Strong documentation skills.
- Excellent SQL Server Database Skills in both design, troubleshooting maintenance, migration and deployment
- Ability to technically mentor other team members.
- Ability to communicate in a friendly and supportive manner to colleagues of all technical levels.
- SQL Server 2000-2012
- VMware Windows Server (Various)
- MS Office Suite
- My SQL C# .net and VB
- SQL Server Backup and restore via Netbackup
- Biztalk Server
- Team Foundation Server
- Powershell Scripting
- ITIL V3 foundation
- Design of resilient IT solutions
This vacancy is being advertised by Advanced Resource Managers. ARM is a specialist talent acquisition and management consultancy. We provide technical contingency recruitment and a portfolio of more complex resource solutions.
Our specialist recruitment divisions cover the entire technical arena, including some of the most economically and strategically important industries in the UK and the world today. We will never send your CV without your permission.
Advanced Resource Managers IT Limited operates & advertises as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for contract/temporary positions.