Software Test Engineer
Applications have now closed
Please visit our main Job Board to see all our current vacancies.
Software Test Engineer
Software Test Engineer - Basingstoke Permanent £30,000 - £36,000pa + bens The role A skilled Software Test Engineer is now required on a permanent basis, to work within an existing team in Basingstoke. You will be preparing and executing effective IT Testing (including System Testing, System Integration Testing, Load Testing and Performance Testing) in line with a defined IT Test Strategy. Key skills: Test, Software, Automation, .Net, SAP, Java, Oracle, Agile. Waterfall
Job DescriptionSoftware Test Engineer - Basingstoke
£30,000 - £36,000pa + bens
Key skills: Test, Software, Automation, .Net, SAP, Java, Oracle, Agile. Waterfall
A market-leading, British Insurance brand, with over 100 years' heritage behind them. They employ over 8000 people in the UK-alone and pride themselves on offering a superb customer experience, both online and in-person.
A skilled Software Test Engineer is now required on a permanent basis, to work within an existing team in Basingstoke.
You will be preparing and executing effective IT Testing (including System Testing, System Integration Testing, Load Testing and Performance Testing) in line with a defined IT Test Strategy.
You will be an integral part of the SDLC and ensuring delivery of high-quality solutions in a cost effective manner.
What will I be doing?
* Working closely with customers, business analysts and developers to fully understand the business requirements such that effective test cases may be defined. This will include providing input on the definition of testable requirements, with clearly defied acceptance criteria
* Tracking performance against quality assurance metrics such as defect counts, defect leakage, test coverage, etc. collating and analysing data for software delivery evaluation and improvement
* Preparing appropriate detailed test plans for projects and BAU deliveries
* Creating and maintaining of both functional and non-functional test cases
* Planning, designing and management of test data sets
* Timely execution of agreed test cases across System Test, System Integration Test (SIT), Performance Test and Load Test, verifying that delivered functionality fully meets the defined functional and non-functional requirements (evidenced by execution of agreed test cases)
* Provision of factual, up to date test progress reports.
* You will be a skilled Test Engineer, with proven experience of testing a range of software applications; such as. .NET / SAP / Java & JS / Oracle / Tibco etc
* You will have an understanding of the full Software Delivery Lifecycle (ideally in both waterfall and agile models)
* Experience of executing IT testing (System Test, SIT, Load, Performance, etc.) in multi-project, multi-system environments and aligned to multiple delivery methodologies (e.g. Waterfall and Agile)
* Demonstrable experience in the timely delivery of test phases for small-medium scale IT programmes/projects
* Working knowledge of one or more test specialisms (e.g. Automation, Load/Performance, etc.)
This vacancy is being advertised by Advanced Resource Managers. ARM is a specialist talent acquisition and management consultancy. We provide technical contingency recruitment and a portfolio of more complex resource solutions.
Our specialist recruitment divisions cover the entire technical arena, including some of the most economically and strategically important industries in the UK and the world today. Our industry coverage includes, but is not limited to: Infrastructure and Built Environment, IT (including Security, Communications, SaaS, ERP, IT Sales, and more) Oil and Gas, Defence, Engineering and Technology, Technical Sales, Energy, Space, Telecommunications, Manufacturing and much, much more. We will never send your CV without your permission.
Advanced Resource Managers IT Limited operates & advertises as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for contract/temporary positions.