Software Test Engineer
Applications have now closed
Please visit our main job board to see all our current vacancies.
Software Test Engineer
Software Test Engineer - Ampthill Permanent £30,000 - £36,000pa + benefits Key skills: Software Testing, Software Development, C++, Bugzilla, UML, DOORS, Subversion Are you a skilled Software Test Engineer, with development skills? Would you like the opportunity to work for a giant in UK advanced technology systems and services? If so, please apply now.
Job DescriptionSoftware Test Engineer - Ampthill
£30,000 - £36,000pa + benefits
Key skills: Software Testing, Software Development, C++, Bugzilla, UML, DOORS, Subversion
Are you a skilled Software Test Engineer, with development skills?
Would you like the opportunity to work for a giant in UK advanced technology systems and services?
If so, please apply now.
A giant defence, aerospace, security and advanced technology company; who employs over 120,000 people worldwide and is responsible for some of the UK's most significant government contracts.
From their Ampthill base, they specialise in complex mission systems integration, system design and development and the implementation of electronic architecture for many important customers.
As a Software Test Engineer you will have worked on programmes through the full Software Engineering Lifecycle, with focus on the testing and integration aspects of software development.
You will be responsible for:
* Development of software level use-cases and requirements from system requirements
* Development of high-level and detailed software design
* Production and unit testing of source code
* Development and execution of software tests and support to software/system integration
You will be a talented Software Test Engineer, who is not just good at testing software, but can develop their own code, test and re-test.
In addition, you will have the following skills:
* Typically you may have used UML modelling tools (e.g. Rhapsody) and be familiar with requirements capture tools (e.g. DOORS)
* You will also be proficient in the use of software source control tools (e.g. SubVersion) and issue tracking tools (e.g. Bugzilla)
* You may also be a competent developer in C/C++ ,with other languages viewed as a bonus
* You will have developed test requirements, test descriptions and test cases and may also be familiar with automated test tools (e.g. Parasoft C++ Test or LDRA)
* You will have conducted test runs and be able to provide detailed feedback to support the resolution of issues found
This vacancy is being advertised by Advanced Resource Managers. ARM is a specialist talent acquisition and management consultancy. We provide technical contingency recruitment and a portfolio of more complex resource solutions.
Our specialist recruitment divisions cover the entire technical arena, including some of the most economically and strategically important industries in the UK and the world today. Our industry coverage includes, but is not limited to: Infrastructure and Built Environment, IT (including Security, Communications, SaaS, ERP, IT Sales, and more) Oil and Gas, Defence, Engineering and Technology, Technical Sales, Energy, Space, Telecommunications, Manufacturing and much, much more. We will never send your CV without your permission.
Advanced Resource Managers IT Limited operates & advertises as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for contract/temporary positions.