I specialise in the sourcing and acquisition of talent within the oil and gas market. I work with oil and gas professionals, as well as those seeking to transfer their skills into this exciting industry. The typical roles I recruit for include mechanical design, mechanical engineering, electrical design, project management, production and manufacturing.
Software Engineering Manager
Applications have now closed
Please visit our main Job Board to see all our current vacancies.
Software Engineering Manager
My client is seeking a strong and effective Software Engineering Manager to build and develop a global Software engineering group
Job DescriptionSoftware Engineering Manager
My client is seeking a strong and effective Software Engineering Manager to build and develop a global Software engineering group.
The Software Engineering Manager position is a key engineering role with significant responsibility for delivery solutions to meet project, client and business requirements, leading a team executing on multiple complex projects/systems and developing cutting edge New Product solutions in a business with annual revenue over £300M.
- Lead a global engineering team of over 60 engineers responsible for project fulfilment and new product development of software used for subsea electronics modules, SCADA systems, PLC controllers, network communications and in-house automated testing equipment.
- Provide a strong link to other engineering teams and functions across the business to ensure excellent performance on fulfilment.
- Ensure positive actions are taken to encourage growth, technical development and improved interpersonal skills of the team.
- Implement initiatives to continuously improve the Inquiry to Order (ITO) & Order to Remittance (OTR) responsiveness of the organization to customer and business needs.
- Own software product quality and drive a "no mistakes" engineering culture to continually improve the quality performance of the team, and quickly resolve of customer issues.
- Champion improved safety, cost, and reliability of designs through design practices, initiatives, and direct material productivity efforts.
- Proactively communicate and leverage best practice and knowledge from other internal businesses and external sources.
- Deliver on engineering and business objectives in the areas of On Time Delivery, Budget Management & effective Team Utilization.
- Support maintenance of the multi-generation software technology roadmap for our products and demonstrate initiative to stay abreast of technological advancements.
- Good integration and interaction in a global growth oriented environment with high complexity.
- Proven management responsibilities with ability to motivate others and achieve results within high technology environment
- Proven experience working on projects delivering new capabilities/strategic offerings to clients through changes/improvements to control systems (PLC/SCADA)
- Demonstrated leadership and Project management skills
- Proven understanding of the Agile software development lifecycle.
Advanced Resource Managers Engineering Limited operates & advertises as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for contract/temporary positions.