I work within the IT sector and help make life easier for candidates when it comes to finding a new job. IT is dynamic and constantly growing. I focus on everything from project managers to software developer roles.
Software Engineer - Gloucester
Applications have now closed
Please visit our main Job Board to see all our current vacancies.
Software Engineer - Gloucester
Are you a Software Engineer with experience with either Java or C++? Are you looking for a permanent role where you can work with an innovative and invested organisation? Would you be interested in developing you career while working for a major defence and aerospace company? Read on and apply now to find out more!
Job DescriptionSoftware Engineer - Java / C++ / C# - Gloucestershire
x2 Permanent Position Available
Software Engineer & Lead Software Engineer - £40,000-60,000 + benefits
This is a great opportunity for a Software Engineer looking to find a good organisation where they can grow and develop themselves. In a competitive and innovative market, this company represent everything that revolves around Next Generation Technology and want to invest in the right individuals.
This role is open to professionals with exposure to either Java or C++ as a main requisite
**Due to the sensitive nature of this programme, candidates must be eligible and willing to undergo DV Security Clearance.**
A global IT & Engineering organisation, with an unrivalled reputation across the defence sector and responsibility for several key UK Government contracts.
The program is a very dynamic, information technology-focused effort with multiple subcontractors supporting an operationally oriented customer with numerous mission critical demands. Projects on the program typically take the form of Task Orders, which cover a wide range of budget, duration, scope, technology, and product types and offer complex and challenging opportunities.
Successful candidates will be expected to be:
- Knowledgeable and proficient in the application of a wide range of software engineering practices.
- Display a proactive and innovative approach to developing complex technical solutions to difficult customer business/mission problems under general direction from their project lead.
- Responsible for assisting with accurate estimating/planning and will be expected to manage their own workload effectively to ensure that project milestones are met.
- This role will require frequent interaction with the customer in a technical capacity
The position will be full-time within the existing team developing cutting edge software solutions for both customer enterprises. The position requires solid software development knowledge and an understanding of the software development life-cycle.
* Experience and demonstrated competence with at least one of the following programming languages: Java or C++ or C#.
* Demonstrated use of SQL Server.
* Exposure of database design and interaction
* Knowledge and demonstrated use of software development tools and procedures in a commercial software delivery environment.
* Demonstrable knowledge and application of software configuration management tools and procedures.
* Experience of following procedures relating to software architecture and design, software integration and test, and requirements verification.
* Understanding of operating with methodologies such as AGILE in fast-moving project environments.
* Experience of software development in a Unix/Linux environment.
Desired Skills - Beneficial
* Exposure to Cloud environment
* Experience with COTS/FOSS Integration
* An interest in developing team leadership skills
This vacancy is being advertised by Advanced Resource Managers. ARM is a specialist talent acquisition and management consultancy. We provide technical contingency recruitment and a portfolio of more complex resource solutions.
Our specialist recruitment divisions cover the entire technical arena, including some of the most economically and strategically important industries in the UK and the world today. Our industry coverage includes, but is not limited to: Infrastructure and Built Environment, IT (including Security, Communications, SaaS, ERP, IT Sales, and more) Oil and Gas, Defence, Engineering and Technology, Technical Sales, Energy, Space, Telecommunications, Manufacturing and much, much more. We will never send your CV without your permission.
Advanced Resource Managers IT Limited operates & advertises as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for contract/temporary positions.