Lead Software Engineer - DV Cleared
Applications have now closed
Please visit our main job board to see all our current vacancies.
Lead Software Engineer - DV Cleared
A Lead Developer is required to work on a very dynamic, information technology-focused program. Projects on the program typically take the form of Task Orders, which cover a wide range of budget, duration, scope, technology, and product types and offer complex and challenging opportunities. **Candidates will be required to undergo DV Security Clearance**
Job DescriptionSoftware Engineer - Java / C++ / C# - Gloucestershire
£45,000- £59,000pa + benefits
Gloucestershire, commutable from Gloucester, Bristol, Cheltenham, Prestbury, Hereford, Worcester, Chipping Norton, Stroud, Cirencester.
**Due to the sensitive nature of this programme, candidates must be eligible and willing to undergo DV Security Clearance**
A global IT & Engineering organisation, with an unrivalled reputation across the defence sector and responsibility for several key UK Government contracts.
The program is a very dynamic, information technology-focused effort with multiple subcontractors supporting an operationally oriented customer with numerous mission critical demands. Projects on the program typically take the form of Task Orders, which cover a wide range of budget, duration, scope, technology, and product types and offer complex and challenging opportunities.
Successful candidates will be expected to be knowledgeable and proficient in the application of a wide range of software engineering practices and will display a proactive and innovative approach to developing complex technical solutions to difficult customer business/mission problems under general direction from their project lead. They will be responsible for assisting with accurate estimating/planning and will be expected to manage their own workload effectively to ensure that project milestones are met. This role will require frequent interaction with the customer in a technical capacity
The position will be full-time within the existing team developing cutting edge software solutions for both customer enterprises. The position requires solid software development knowledge and an understanding of the software development lifecycle.
* Experience and demonstrated competence with at least one of the following programming languages: Java or C++ or C#.
* Demonstrated use of SQL Server.
* Experience of database design and interaction
* Knowledge and demonstrated use of software development tools and procedures in a commercial software delivery environment.
* Demonstrable knowledge and application of software configuration management tools and procedures.
* Experience of following procedures relating to software architecture and design, software integration and test, and requirements verification.
* Background and solid understanding of operating with methodologies such as AGILE in fast-moving project environments..
* Extensive software engineering/development experience in challenging environments.
* Experience of software development in a Unix/Linux environment.
* A passion for developing high quality software solutions
* Ability and willingness to support/mentor junior team members.
* Self starter with the ability to work with little supervision
* Proven ability to learn new skills quickly.
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
* High standard of ethics and personal accountability.
* Experience of developing software in an agile environment using SCRUM
* Experience of Rational Team Concert
* Experience with the design and implementation of a software development environment on a mid-sized program
* Experience in the completion of software engineering activities within a government customer environment
* Experience of developing software applications for the cloud environment
* Experience with COTS/FOSS Integration
* System software architecture modelling
* Network experience
* Complex/efficient data parsing/processing
* Keen to develop well rounded software engineering skills across a wide range of programming languages and tools
* An interest in developing team leadership skills
This vacancy is being advertised by Advanced Resource Managers. ARM is a specialist talent acquisition and management consultancy. We provide technical contingency recruitment and a portfolio of more complex resource solutions.
Our specialist recruitment divisions cover the entire technical arena, including some of the most economically and strategically important industries in the UK and the world today. Our industry coverage includes, but is not limited to: Infrastructure and Built Environment, IT (including Security, Communications, SaaS, ERP, IT Sales, and more) Oil and Gas, Defence, Engineering and Technology, Technical Sales, Energy, Space, Telecommunications, Manufacturing and much, much more. We will never send your CV without your permission.
Advanced Resource Managers IT Limited operates & advertises as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for contract/temporary positions.