My clients range from high technology vendors, integrators and consultancies to finance, government and public sector. One of my strengths is definitely my ability to strike up a rapport from the very first call and to build and maintain that relationship.
Service Desk Analyst
Applications have now closed
Please visit our main job board to see all our current vacancies.
Service Desk Analyst
An excellent opportunity for a Service Desk Analyst to be part of our clients Business Transformation Department supporting changes within the business.
Job DescriptionService Desk Analyst
4 weeks initially
up to £140pd
Our client, a utilities company, require a Service Desk Analyst who will be part of the IT team within the clients Business Transformation Department. The Business Transformation Department is responsible for supporting the Business with all of their Change \ Transformation requirements, enabling growth whilst ensuring reliable and efficient day to day system operations.
The core responsibility of the Service Desk Analyst will be to manage the resolution of Service Desk tickets. The Service Desk Analyst will be expected to provide 1st line support, but quickly develop the ability to resolve complex tickets and will also be comfortable communicating with colleagues across the company, to gain the information necessary to resolve issues and to communicate progress on fixes.
The Service Desk Analyst will also be responsible for contributing to the creation and continual improvement of service desk documentation; such as processes, guides, FAQs, etc.
- Work closely with customers from around the business to collect necessary information to allow resolution of Service Desk tickets
- Direct tickets to the appropriate member of the Business Transformation Department for resolution, within agreed time frames
- Directly resolve service desk tickets in agreed areas of responsibility, in line with documented processes including, but not limited to:
o New user accounts setup (Active Directory/Exchange/Shortel telephony etc)
o Account permission modification (In line with approval process)
o Remote deployment of software packages
o Account retirement in accordance with leaver's procedures.
" Provide application support on business facing systems in line with agreed processes including, but not limited to:
o Responding to user queries
o Investigating application errors
o Identifying data discrepancies
- Provide appropriate communication with, and advice to customers from around the business, to support Service Desk ticket resolution, in line with documented processes
- Provide information as required to other members of the Business Transformation Department to allow Service Desk tickets to be resolved in line with agreed standards of service, and to support management of the Service Desk workload
- Contribute to the creation, maintenance and continual improvement of service desk processes
- At all times follow and support all relevant departmental policies, guidelines, processes and other documentation
- Maintain quality and accuracy in all areas of work, and in particular for any Service Desk tickets directly resolved by yourself
- Support the Business Transformation Department in any other activities deemed necessary for the department's need to assist its customers
- Adopt and work and drive a framework of continuous improvement developing innovative and value added ways to server our customer.
- Facilitate clear and concise communications between the transformation team and our customer during times of major service impacting issues.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
" Self-starter capability
" Strong verbal and written communication skills
" Experience of gathering key information to allow decisions to be taken
" Attention to detail
" Experience working on an IT Helpdesk, or other customer-facing role
" Team player with strong interpersonal skills
" Ability to promote a professional perception of the department to others
" Ability to prioritise a varied and demanding workload to hit agreed deadlines
" Confidence using a range of software, including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
" Confidence getting to grips with unfamiliar IT applications and software
" Adaptability: able to thrive in an evolving work environment
" Ability to work under pressure during times of high calls volumes and high impacting incidents.
" Experience of work in the utilities industry
" Experience using utilities industry software
" Experience with Microsoft Active Directory
" Experience with Windows 7
This vacancy is being advertised by Advanced Resource Managers. ARM is a specialist talent acquisition and management consultancy. We provide technical contingency recruitment and a portfolio of more complex resource solutions.
Our specialist recruitment divisions cover the entire technical arena, including some of the most economically and strategically important industries in the UK and the world today. We will never send your CV without your permission.
Advanced Resource Managers IT Limited operates & advertises as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for contract/temporary positions.