Meet Aiden, who specialises in contract recruitment within the Automotive industry and loves pizza!
Sensory Perceived Quality Attribute
Applications have now closed
Please visit our main job board to see all our current vacancies.
Sensory Perceived Quality Attribute
We have a fantastic vacancy for a Sensory Perceived Quality Attribute with a leading, iconic automotive OEM. A role within Perceived Quality team is an opportunity for someone to be the engineering voice of the customer.
The purpose of this role is to support, develop and execute class leading sensory perceived quality.
Sensory Perceived Quality (SPQ) is one of the client's core competencies. It requires consideration of all interactions with our products from a customer's perspective and understanding how we can engineer specifically for the senses to enhance those interactions.
Your key responsibilities:
- To support the Sensory Perceived Quality PAT in the generation of detailed component and system level engineering targets (AMSDS)
- To perform early SPQ failure mode detection through the creation and testing of virtual and physical bucks, sub-assemblies and prototype parts
- Lead cross functional reviews to drive and resolve key PQ issues, to improve product level craftsmanship and increase the impact of the attribute within the organisation
- Support target setting and benchmarking activity through vehicle auditing
- Support in the development of design rules and best-practice
- Validate targets throughout the design and engineering development processes
- Create & update PAT documents and key vehicle programme trackers
- Create, critique and execute test plans to ensure design verification and reporting is performed in the most effective and efficient manner
- Update current test methods and write new test methods
- Organise in-source & out-source testing (liaise with suppliers, organise & follow-up component procurement, organise test planning & manage test method specification)
- Support/Execute component, system & vehicle tests
- Communicate/Present test results & support technical reviews and PMST meetings
- Write/Archive test reports & deviations
- Generate new concept ideas
- Proactive identification and awareness of future technologies and trends.
Your qualifications and experience:
- Minimum of Engineering Degree or equivalent
- Industrial Design Degree (BSc or equivalent)
- Experience within automotive engineering sectors
- Some experience working as a Quality Engineer or Craftsmanship Engineer in the automotive industry
- Experience in building test rigs, analysing data and reporting test results with pragmatic hands-on problem solving abilities
- CAD user - NX (v8.0 or later) - visualisation software such as Showcase, Adobe Suite would be beneficial
- Good technical and manual skills (test rig building, use of CAD drawings, GD&T)
- Good communication skills: able to communicate ideas clearly and concisely
- Proficient use of Microsoft software including Powerpoint, Word and Excel
- Data recording, analysis and report writing
- Capability of working under pressure
- Ability to manage multiple demands on time and priorities
- Excellent analytical & systematic approach to problem solving
- Ability to take decisions that minimise engineering risk in a solution
- Open-minded and lateral thinking.
Interested? Apply above or contact Aiden for more information.
This vacancy is being advertised by Advanced Resource Managers (ARM). ARM is an award-winning technology and engineering recruitment agency which fills specialist positions across some of the most competitive industries in the world.
ARM is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.