I joined ARM as a Junior Consultant and have been within the Group for nearly three years, so have a good understanding of the rail industry and the recruitment process. My aim is to successfully meet my clients' needs and assist them with identifying talent and filling roles. I look forward to building bigger, better and stronger relationships not only with our clients but candidates too.
Senior Transport Planner
Applications have now closed
Please visit our main job board to see all our current vacancies.
Senior Transport Planner
Senior Transport Planner Location: Cambridge Salary:£35k - £45k Depending on Experience Perm Are you a Transport Planner looking to further your career? my client is on the lookout for a Senior Transport Planner to join their growing team in Cambridge.
Job DescriptionWhat you will do:
* Preparing and writing transport assessment and travel plan reports with an attention to detail;
* Undertake traffic modelling using ARCADY, PICADY, LINSIG, TRANSYT, S-Paramics, VISSIM and SATURN;
* Assist with data collection, to include parking surveys and trip counts; analyse and present the results;
* Providing technical information to project design teams;
* Applying quality requirements to own work and work of team for quality and accuracy of technical output.
* Ability to manage resources to align with changing workload patterns to meet project demands;
* Prepare fee proposals for packages of work;
* Access the contractual and commercial exposure a package of work may have and initiate the necessary mitigation measures;
* Set and work to deadlines and targets, for oneself and others;
* Compliance with relevant Health and Safety regulations and company practice;
* Working in collaboration with other disciplines to ensure integrity of the overall design.
Your experience will include:
* A BSc in an appropriate field. e.g. geography, maths or engineering and ideally a transport related post-graduate qualification.
* Qualifications or experience in transport planning / transportation / development planning.
* You will be able to demonstrate a high level of good communication skills at both a written and verbal level.
* The ability to deliver transport planning solutions, manage junior staff and successfully manage projects;
* A good all round knowledge of all aspects of transport planning for developments from strategic appraisal through to transport assessments and traffic engineering;
* Sound technical experience, including familiarity with relevant software e.g. TRANSYT, LINSIG, ARCADY, PICADY, VISSIM, SATURN etc;
* Understanding and experience of working in the Planning Regulatory framework, application of current highway design guidance and application of the relevant planning circulars and development control policies;
* Proven experience in preparing and writing transport assessment and travel plan reports with an attention to detail;
* Proven experience in developing and preparing strategic highways schemes and associated business case development.
If you have the skill set required and are actively seeking a new opportunity to enhance your career or gain experience of working with a leading engineering consultancy, then apply today.
This vacancy is being advertised by Advanced Resource Managers. ARM is a specialist talent acquisition and management consultancy. We provide technical contingency recruitment and a portfolio of more complex resource solutions.
Our specialist recruitment divisions cover the entire technical arena, including some of the most economically and strategically important industries in the UK and the world today. We will never send your CV without your permission.
Advanced Resource Managers Engineering Limited operates & advertises as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for contract/temporary positions.