Meet Chloe, a recruitment consultant win our Manufacturing and Engineering team. She specialises in general manufacturing jobs.
Senior Systems Engineer
Applications have now closed
Please visit our main job board to see all our current vacancies.
Senior Systems Engineer
A fancy new opportunity working within the space industry has arisen in 2018, read on to know how to join a talented team as a Systems Engineer.
Job DescriptionAre you a Senior Systems Engineer or even a Systems Engineer looking to progress in your career?
Ever fancied working within the space industry?
A key client of mine is looking for a Senior Systems Engineer to join their talented team on a permanent basis in Guildford, Surrey.
The main aim of the role is to provide system engineering from bid support through to on orbit support for all types of space mission from LEO to GEO and beyond.
Role and responsibilities:
· To work as part of a team to perform mission and system design for missions ranging from LEO to GEO and beyond.
· System level design of space and ground segments including requirements analysis, sensitivity analysis, mission analysis and design trade-offs
· System engineer/technical lead on missions from contract negotiations through to launch and operations
· To work as part of a team in the production of concepts of operations for missions.
· Conduct customer-facing meetings and presentation at all project stages
· Preparation of presentation materials and reports to a high standard for all phases of the project
· Working with the Sales and Engineering teams in support of bid/tender activities to generate technical solutions for a variety of customers
· Support/ lead studies for a variety of customers. Management of these studies to meet technical requirements, and to cost and schedule.
Knowledge and experience required:
· Experienced spacecraft Systems Engineer
· Proven experience of designing space missions starting from end-user requirements (ideally cradle to grave)
· Experience of designing and analysing space and ground segments to the sub-system level.
· Ideally with experience of downstream spacecraft level testing
· Excellent technical writing and presentation (generating and delivering) skills.
· Good knowledge or awareness of orbit analysis, constellation configurations, RF link analysis, system budgets, operations, ground segment, space environment and satellite mechanical and electrical architectures.
· Good knowledge of a wide range of satellite applications, e.g. Earth observation, communications, science etc.
· Ability to work under pressure and to tight timescales.
· Good knowledge of requirements management
· Excellent knowledge of MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
· Excellent knowledge of STK and Matlab or equivalent analysis tools.
· Hands on familiarity with environmental testing (eg vibration and thermal vacuum tests)
· Good knowledge of assembly and test methods for space flight equipment.
· Some knowledge of MS Project or equivalent planning tool.
Ideally a good 1st degree or equivalent in Engineering, Physics or Maths.
This role is paying between £45,000- £55,000 p/a depending on level of experience.
Please email me your CV or for more information give me a call on 02392 228 244.
Advanced Resource Managers Engineering Limited operates & advertises as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for contract/temporary positions.