I am focused on recruiting professionals of all levels within the defence, satellite and telecommunications industries. I excel in recruiting for the harder to fill positions, as the challenge makes me more determined to succeed. Knowing it is going to be difficult makes it all the more worthwhile once you have placed the candidate.
Senior Systems Engineer
Applications have now closed
Please visit our main Job Board to see all our current vacancies.
Senior Systems Engineer
Excellent opportunity for a talented Systems Engineer to work on video management and display systems for defence applications...
Job DescriptionSenior Systems Engineer
I am looking to recruit a Senior Systems Engineer to lead my clients system development team who product new video management, display and system products for avionic and defence applications. As a COTS military supplier their products are low volume and specialized.
Ownership of the design from requirements through to manufacturing, is a key part of the role. The successful candidate will use their skills in software and electronic design.
* Lead System integration and design verification testing
* Provide technical support to production
* Develop system test environment, infrastructure and equipment where necessary
* Attention to detail to ensure system requirements are met
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
* Lead a small multi-disciplined team of engineers
* Experience of hardware design both analogue and digital
* Experience of software design in C and ideally C++, scripting languages also valuable
* Experience using Linux, VxWorks
* Experience with VME and VPX busses an advantage
* Experience using Xilinx or Altera
* Experience in Environmental testing and qualification procedures
* Experience of working on military or avionic computer systems is an advantage
* Technically aware and keen to learn new skills
* Ability to make sound judgements
* Able to work both as part of team and alone
* Excellent organizational skills
* Ability to prioritize and work to deadlines
* Good written and oral communication skills.
* Ability to write good quality project and user documentation
* Problem-solving abilities to address complex hardware/HDL/software interactions
* Degree (or equivalent) in engineering-based discipline
This position will require exposure to information which is subject to US export control regulations such as the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must meet eligibility requirements of the ITAR and of the [UK]/EU.
Advanced Resource Managers Engineering Limited operates & advertises as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for contract/temporary positions.