The typical job roles which I recruit for include Project Engineers, Project Managers, Electrical / Mechanical Engineers, Electrical / Mechanical Fitters, Quality Engineers, Reliability Engineers, RAMS Consultants and Senior Management. I currently work within the Manufacturing & Technologies…
Senior Systems Engineer (EW / UAS)
Applications have now closed
Please visit our main job board to see all our current vacancies.
Senior Systems Engineer (EW / UAS)
Are you a Senior Systems Engineer looking for a new challenge? I have a new opportunity available with a leading EW and UAS Aerospace & Defence company.
Job DescriptionSenior Systems Engineer (EW / UAS)
My client are a market leader within Aerospace & Defence specialising in Electronic Warfare (EW) and Unmanned Air System (UAS) sensor systems.
Due to the expansion of the Systems Engineering division they have a big recruitment drive for Systems Engineers to join their sites. Ideally you will have a strong understanding of the design and development of Radio Frequency (RF) / communication products and technologies.
They key focus of this role will be supporting the development of the RF sensor systems to be able to provide Electronic Support (ES), Electronic Protection (EP) and Electronic Attack (EA) capabilities to a variety of airborne platforms.
The role will entail working across the systems engineering lifecycle; early architectural design and system requirement definition, through to verification, validation and acceptance. The role will also require the ability to support capability and technology studies and trade-offs to develop system-level requirements in-line with operational concepts for highly complex systems.
Key Responsibility Areas
Working as part of an established systems engineering community and supported by a team of experienced engineers, you will be responsible for:
- Elicitation and understanding of stakeholder needs to support the development and management of the system-level requirements
- Performing requirements analysis and iterative refinement to capture accurate definitions
- Involved in functional design and support systems design decisions and sub-system level analysis tasks
- Support to solution reviews and trade-off studies to ensure compliance of technical solutions and fitness for purpose
- Work closely with engineering and other functions within the IPT (Integrated Project Team) to support solution/design changes
- Using technical expertise to solve problems, generate ideas and be pro-active within the team
- Delivering to agreed performance targets, including cost and schedule
- Communicate progress and performance within the team and to the wider IPT
- Liaise with customer and partner companies
- Support bid preparation though input to technical solutions and cost estimates
- Take an active role in engineering process improvement, ensuring the communication of best practise across the IPT and within the systems engineering team.
Essential Skills, Qualifications & Knowledge Required
You will have knowledge and experience in several of the following areas:
- A degree-level qualification (or equivalent) in a relevant discipline
- Experience of the systems engineering lifecycle and associated reviews
- Familiar in the development of airborne sensor systems in some phases of the systems engineering lifecycle, ideally with experience of RWR, RFCM or RADAR technologies and performance
- Experience of signal propagation assessments within signal processing chains
- Working knowledge of engineering development tools, (e.g. Matlab, Simulink, Rhapsody System Architect, DOORS)
- Ability to produce clear and concise technical documentation for designs, reports and presentations and tailor communication method to be appropriate for the given audience
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills, and the ability to interact with subject matter experts regarding a range of technical and operational topics
- Self-motivated with an aptitude to problem solving and ability to drive difficult issues to conclusion
- Able to work with minimum direction/supervision on complex tasks
- Confidence and ability to challenge/respond to technical/process issues.
- Willing to obtain SC-level security clearance. In addition, some roles may require clearance to access caveated information, such as UK Eyes Only and ITAR
Please contact Cassie Moore for more information
Advanced Resource Managers Engineering Limited operates & advertises as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for contract/temporary positions.