Companies need to ensure that their IT facilities are adequate and correctly staffed, otherwise they risk falling behind. I work across multiple roles so my skills need to be well rounded however, I do have a slight preference for more technical roles.
Senior Systems Engineer
Applications have now closed
Please visit our main job board to see all our current vacancies.
Senior Systems Engineer
Who are they? A world leading engineering company, committed to delivering effective solutions in the aerospace, defence, security, cyber and space sectors. Job Description Working in central London this role will be to deliver operational support and system enhancements to three secure and complex systems utilising a wide scope of infrastructure and security solutions.
Job DescriptionSenior Systems Engineer - Permanent
£50,000pa - £60,000pa
** Candidates must have current high level government security clearance**
Who are they?
A world leading engineering company, committed to delivering effective solutions in the aerospace, defence, security, cyber and space sectors.
Working in central London this role will be to deliver operational support and system enhancements to three secure and complex systems utilising a wide scope of infrastructure and security solutions.
You will be a senior and experienced Engineer with good working knowledge of building, implementing and maintaining systems with complex architectures on client site, with ongoing proactive operational support, working closely with key stakeholders and end users. Working within a specialist skilled engineering team providing 1st to 4th line support to the client. A position that demands excellent technical skills with the ability to support, maintain and operate systems while conforming to industry best practice and/or company best practices and technical designs.
You will work closely with the Service Delivery Manager for all day to day support activities but will also work closely with the senior technical team in the delivery of projects and system changes.
Key Responsibility Areas
* Support system changes and project work independent to day to day support activities
* Provide technical guidance as a Subject Matter Expert on allocated technologies
* Provide 1st line to 4th line support on a day to day basis
* Attend meetings and/or client locations as required
Skills, Qualifications & Knowledge Required
* Microsoft Active Directory services
* Good understanding of networking including TCP/IP, DNS and DHCP Server installation and builds
* Virtualisation technologies including VMware and Microsoft HyperV
* Workstation builds and deployments including Microsoft WDS and MDT
* Practical experience of implementing security policies and system lockdowns including Microsoft Active Directory GPOs, application whitelisting/blacklisting and device/media control
* A good working knowledge of at least one Microsoft Back Office product (e.g. Exchange, SQL, SCOM/MOM, ISA/TMG, LYNC, ILM/FIM)
* Implementation and management of enterprise class AntiVirus product
* Implementation and management of enterprise class Backup solution
* Implementation and management of enterprise class Patching/Update solution including Microsoft SUS/WSUS
* A good working knowledge of enterprise Firewalls (Cisco PIX/ASA, McAfee, F5)
* Cisco networking to CCNA level
* Citrix Terminal Services/XenApp services
* A good working knowledge of 'Nix operating systems (Solaris, Linux)
* Support professional with specific focus on providing effective system and user support
* Good customer services skills
* Proactive organisational skills with attention to detail
* Good interpersonal skills when dealing with peers and clients
* Good document writing skills to support system documentation, report writing and bid work
* Ability to manage work load for themselves and associated teams in pressurised environments to Time, Quality and standards
* The ability to travel in main land UK when requested by Business Unit Lead
* Aptitude to learn new skills
* Ability to share knowledge and mentor junior members of the team if required
Advanced Resource Managers IT Limited operates & advertises as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for contract/temporary positions.