I specialise in IT, sourcing permanent candidates for small to global organisations, including security cleared jobs, and ranging from entry-level positions to niche developers and CTOs.
Senior Solution Architect
Senior Solution Architect
Are you an experienced IT Solution Architect, with exposure to designing solutions across multiple technology platforms and to physical and virtual solution architecture in the retail industry? Would you like to work for House of Fraser and help them shape their roadmap for several major change projects?
Who are they?
House of Fraser is an iconic British retail institution with over 150 years' heritage on the High Street. It's come a long way since opening its first drapery shop in Glasgow in 1849, now operating 61 department stores across the country and turning over £1.3bn. Employing over 18,000 people in the UK, the company has dedicated itself to creating a 'place to work which is filled with passion, opportunities to grow and lots of talented people'.
What do they need?
House of Fraser is creating a brand new IT team and is looking for a Senior Solution Architect. The job holder will develop the roadmap of change projects for the assigned business areas, creating solution architectures for complex programmes and projects, supporting the development of the Enterprise Architecture and the Business Technology Roadmap, in addition to being the design authority on projects.
What will I be doing?
- Leading the development of architecture for complex systems
- Architecting, documenting and designing solutions to complex business requirements, in accordance with enterprise application and technology roadmaps
- Regularly analysing the current environment to detect critical deficiencies and recommend solutions for improvement
- Providing assurance for high and low level technical and architectural documentation
- Providing leadership and expertise to multiple teams (internal and external) in broad technical areas on complex organisation wide projects.
What will I bring?
- Demonstrable knowledge of the IT and retail marketplace and trends
- Proven experience of designing solution architecture across multiple technology platforms, including both physical and virtual architecture
- Demonstrable experience of IT industry standards, services, design, architecture principles design, architecture views and viewpoint design, building block design, solutions modelling and systems behaviour
- Good experience of IT architecture (and underlying frameworks such as TOGAF), including the development (and ensuring adherence to) architecture principles and standards
- Strong modelling skills in UML (BPMN beneficial) using a standard modelling tool (Sparx Enterprise Architect beneficial)
- Experience of working with third party suppliers
- Proven track record of Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) and its application in a business (non-technical) context; clear understanding of the differences between SOA and its implementation.
Must have retail architecture experience.
What are the benefits?
As well as working for a recognisable and reputable brand which prides itself on respecting each other, working as one team and being brave and inspirational, you'll receive a huge range of generous and industry-leading benefits. These include a 33% staff discount on company goods, life cover, private medical insurance, 25 days holiday, pension, car allowance, interest free season ticket loan and even a day's holiday on your birthday. Then there's the up to £75,000 basic salary, the opportunity for flexible/ remote working and tailored personal development.
To apply, follow the instructions below or contact Adam for more information.