Specialising in cost and commercial management within civil engineering. Placing candidates from senior to associate director level within contracting firms and consultancies. I excel in candidate management, placing people in the right position. My expertise covers commercial management, quantity surveying, cost engineering and cost management.
Senior Quantity Surveyor (Manchester)
Applications have now closed
Please visit our main job board to see all our current vacancies.
Senior Quantity Surveyor (Manchester)
Senior Quantity Surveyor Manchester Competitive Salary plus benefits and bonus My client is a leader in the rail sector, providing innovative technological solutions across electrification, signalling and communication and information systems working to ensure journeys are both safe and on time. As the Senior Quantity Surveyor you will be key in the delivery of commercial tasks across design, installation, testing and commissioning.
Job DescriptionSenior Quantity Surveyor
Competitive Salary plus benefits and bonus
My client is a leader in the rail sector, providing innovative technological solutions across electrification, signalling and communication and information systems working to ensure journeys are both safe and on time.
As the Senior Quantity Surveyor you will be key in the delivery of commercial tasks across design, installation, testing and commissioning.
* Responsible for work package change control and management
* Provides key commercial interface for responsible work package manager
* Provide contractual & commercial support to Project Managers and Engineering
* Responsible for work package cost management, including forecasting, budget management and control
* Provides Input to internal and external commercial reports as required by Commercial Delivery Strategy
* Ensure processes and document control complies with the appropriate Company standards
* Establish and maintain interfaces with key stakeholders. Eg: finance, project management, engineering, sub-contractors, suppliers and client
The Successful Candidate
* As the successful candidate you will come from a contracting background, ideally rail in focus however a similar civil engineering sector will be considered.
* RICS accredited degree or equivalent and working towards your chatership, either RICS or IACCM
* Good Contractual knowledge
* Project focused background
* Management of both direct labour and subcontract costs
* Ability to estimate change / variations using various methods
* Able to forecast cost and measure cost of work complete
* Ability to manage commercial strategies
* Ability to work with limited supervision and manage expectations
If you are a career minded Quantity Surveying professional or Commercial Manager with a background gained within rail focused civil engineering I want to speak with you today.
My client also has a requirement at SQS level in Derby for professionals with the above mentioned skills and competencies.
Should you be interested in this opportunity and would like to see a full job specification please send your CV or call on 02392 458010
This vacancy is being advertised by Advanced Resource Managers. ARM is a specialist talent acquisition and management consultancy. We provide technical contingency recruitment and a portfolio of more complex resource solutions.
Our specialist recruitment divisions cover the entire technical arena, including some of the most economically and strategically important industries in the UK and the world today. We will never send your CV without your permission.
Advanced Resource Managers Engineering Limited operates & advertises as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for contract/temporary positions.