The range of roles I help recruit for is as wide as it is varied. In the (ARM Corporate Services) Engineering Division, I support a range of high profile global companies within the defence, satellite and telecommunications industries, which means an ongoing, steep, learning curve.
Senior Quality Assurance Engineer
Applications have now closed
Please visit our main job board to see all our current vacancies.
Senior Quality Assurance Engineer
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Senior Quality Assurance Engineer to join a Defence company in Bristol. The successful candidate will join the Marine & Technology division of the company and be offered a competitive salary and benefits.
Job DescriptionTypical tasks and responsibilities include:
* Review of contract Quality Requirements at or prior to contract award.
* Communication of the project quality requirements to the project team, and educating the project team in the impact of the requirements.
* Creation of the required Project Quality documentation, Quality Plans, Inspection Plans etc.
* Review and approval of Quality related documents both internally and from the supply chain as required e.g. configuration management plans, supplier quality plans etc.
* Provide assistance in the generation of Project Plans and Documentation, e.g. Project Management Plans and Specifications.
* Undertake assurance activities including regular review to ensure that the requirements of the contract continue to be met.
* Assist Project Teams as nominated Quality representative with regards quality related matters and queries, including being the point of contact for customer quality assurance.
* Support the maintenance of controlled records and secure databases.
* Manage the Master Record Index for contractual documentation.
* Assist in process investigations and issues arising to reach a conclusion that may result in corrective and preventative action.
* Management and sign off of non-conformities, deviations and concessions. This is internal, supplier and customer facing.
* Undertake the customer facing role in all Quality matters relating to the project(s) , including being the point of contact for customer (and government) quality assurance activities.
* Ensure the appropriate QA requirements are flowed down to the supply chain.
* Support the supply chain team in the selection of suppliers that are capable of achieving the quality requirements of the contracts.
* Assist/Lead supplier development activities within the supply chain.
* Communication of project related Quality requirements throughout the Quality team as required.
Required Skills and Experience / Qualifications
* ONC, HNC, NVQ Level 3 qualification and in Quality Engineering in a manufacturing or distribution based environment.
* ISO9001 Lead Auditor trained.
Skills and Experience:
* A background in a highly regulated industry and be familiar with the quality levels and disciplines required. Defence or aerospace background desirable.
* Knowledge and experience of Quality Management Systems (1809001, AQAP, AS9100, etc).
* Proficient in the use of MS Office applications.
* Good working knowledge of quality tools and problem solving techniques e.g. (pareto, FMEA, 5 why's, 8D, etc).
* Good time management skills.
Advanced Resource Managers Engineering Limited operates & advertises as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for contract/temporary positions.