Aiden specialises in contract recruitment within the Automotive industry, recruiting for a range of roles within design, purchasing, quality and simulation engineering.
Senior Programme Coordinator
Senior Programme Coordinator
Do you have programme coordination experience? Do you have a purchasing background within the Automotive industry? We are recruiting a Senior Programme Coordinator for a Luxury Automotive OEM.
Job DescriptionSenior Programme Coordinator
Be the focal point to provide the co-ordination, metrics and control for all aspects of Purchasing in support of new vehicle programmes for an assigned model line(s), ensuring compliance with Purchasing strategy and Programme milestones.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
* Coordinate purchasing program activities and provide cross functional interface for major vehicle programmes
* To represent Purchasing through various Programme meetings, including Gateways, Programme Steering Team, Design Reviews and Launch Control Meetings.
* Manage and facilitate Programme Sourcing Reviews driving and ensuring on-time sourcing to support programme timing
* Identify and support the delivery of development needs for the Programme team through the Performance Assessment and Development process
* Develop, drive and implement Purchasing processes to support programme milestones
* Ensure Purchasing activities for all stages of the Programme are completed in line with Programme requirement dates
* Develop, distribute and ensure supervision of Programme metrics to deliver purchasing deliverables as required.
* Support the development, implementation and monitoring of Purchasing processes to support Programme milestones
* Coordinate and drive resolution with the Purchasing team on relevant vehicle line issues.
* To develop, drive, implement and monitor Purchasing processes to support Programme milestones.
* Escalation to Purchasing Managers and Chief Programme Engineer of programme risks where releases or required data/information miss their drop-dead dates.
* In conjunction with Purchasing team and the Supplier base, provide support to finance with respect to cost target setting process and on gonging adherence to an affordable business structure
* Provide analysis and reporting of programme material and investment cost status.
* Analyse and track programme cost data identifying risks and opportunities
* Initiate actions in terms of mitigating coat risk and realising opportunities in order to make a positive impact upon Purchasing programme performance
* Review Purchasing reporting metrics to achieve systemised and consistent outputs across all programmes
* Support in developing commodity strategies including Low Cost Sourcing and Commodity Run Out plans. Collaboration with other areas of the business on maintaining commodity strategies which meet the short as well as the long term aims of the business.
Qualification and Experience:
* Educated to Degree level and a full member of CIPS, or at least working towards this.
* Previous purchasing experience is essential and ideally in an automotive setting.
* Understanding of the strategic role of the purchasing function and ability to work at this level.
* Demonstrable ability to prioritise tasks and have effective time management and analytical skills.
* Good communication and interpersonal skills.
* Post holder should hold a full driving licence and be prepared to travel where their specific work responsibilities require, this may include overseas travel.
Advanced Resource Managers Engineering Limited operates & advertises as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for contract/temporary positions.