Companies need to ensure that their IT facilities are adequate and correctly staffed, otherwise they risk falling behind. I work across multiple roles so my skills need to be well rounded however, I do have a slight preference for more technical roles.
Senior Integration & Verification Engineer
Applications have now closed
Please visit our main Job Board to see all our current vacancies.
Senior Integration & Verification Engineer
Integration Test Engineer SC Cleared (x2 Positions Available) - Whiteley Permanent £30,000 - £47,000 This lead role is for an experienced test engineer to join the Performance and Capacity test team across all Deployment Points concerned with the integration of new Air Traffic Management (ATM) tools into an operational environment.
Job DescriptionIntegration Test Engineer SC Cleared (x2 Positions Available) - Whiteley
£30,000 - £47,000
Location: Hampshire. Commutable from Fareham, Whiteley, Swanwick, Hedge End, Eastleigh, Southampton, Winchester, Portsmouth, Havant, Waterlooville
A giant of the defence, aerospace, IT & Engineering sectors; they employ over 120,000 people globally and deliver several key IT contracts within Civil Government, Law Enforcement & Critical National Infrastructure.
The successful candidate will ideally be currently SC Cleared or must be able to obtain SC Clearance. We cannot consider your application if you do not meet this criteria.
This lead role is for an experienced test engineer to join the Performance and Capacity test team across all Deployment Points concerned with the integration of new Air Traffic Management (ATM) tools into an operational environment.
Specific understanding, knowledge and experience of:
* The principals of virtualisation with VMware or OpenStack, AWS/Azure
* Core datacentre technologies: Servers, Networks, Storage ideally in a large scale cloud or virtualised computing environment
* Software engineering including coding experience in a major programming or scripting language such as Java, C++, C#, Python or Ruby, PowerShell, Perl
* Identifying, troubleshooting and debugging issues across interfaces
* Commercial experience of configuration management tools, ideally Puppet
Significant Experience of Integration Testing Within:
* Virtualised environments
* Cloud computing environments
* Service Orientated Architectures and Enterprise Service Bus based solutions.
* Large-scale and complex integration programmes.
* System integration testing, including test automation
* Continuous integration tools and source control tools
* Understanding customer needs & expectations to generate mutually beneficial solutions or alternatives
* Identifying, troubleshooting and debugging issues and identify bottlenecks in application layers at all levels including operating system, component, database, networks
* Test automation to reduce manual regression testing.
General Experience of:
* Working at any point in the verification and validation part of the software lifecycle
* Working in an ITSM environment with 3rd line support teams; effective problem investigation.
* Testing against requirements, architectures and designs defined in a Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) approach
* Knowledge of web services testing, performance testing, load testing (tools and good practices)
* Experience of developing and using automated test frameworks and tools, e.g. EggPlant, SikuliX, Robot Framework
* Experience of working in agile teams and practices, e.g. Scrum and XP
* Test experience with high-integrity real-time systems, safety-related and/or safety-critical systems.
* Experience of using DOORS, the Atlassian Tool Stack and/or HP Quality Centre
* ATM knowledge would be advantageous but is not a pre-requisite
This vacancy is being advertised by Advanced Resource Managers. ARM is a specialist talent acquisition and management consultancy. We provide technical contingency recruitment and a portfolio of more complex resource solutions.
Our specialist recruitment divisions cover the entire technical arena, including some of the most economically and strategically important industries in the UK and the world today. Our industry coverage includes, but is not limited to: Infrastructure and Built Environment, IT (including Security, Communications, SaaS, ERP, IT Sales, and more) Oil and Gas, Defence, Engineering and Technology, Technical Sales, Energy, Space, Telecommunications, Manufacturing and much, much more. We will never send your CV without your permission.
Advanced Resource Managers IT Limited operates & advertises as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for contract/temporary positions.