My team delivers a broad range of engineering talent to automotive OEM and consultancies. I find the entire vehicle development process fascinating, and as a result, many of my greatest achievements have been within this field. I've been particularly successful in the volume delivery of design engineers and CAE/CFD engineers.
Senior Engineer - Interior Trim
Applications have now closed
Please visit our main job board to see all our current vacancies.
Senior Engineer - Interior Trim
Do you have experience in the design and development of interior trim components? Our client, a luxury automotive manufacturer, is looking to recruit in to the product development team, specifically focusing on centre console.
Job DescriptionJob Purpose:
The role exists to work with the minimum of supervision within the Body Interiors department on the design, development and release of interior trim components. The primary role is to support the Lead Engineer in the production of finished designs and drawings ensuring all programme and component attribute/performance targets have been met or exceeded.
Key Responsibilities & Tasks:
* Review of detailed drawings to drafting standards including identification of SC's/CC's, reference points and individual part tolerances
* Preparation and ownership of engineering release packs where required
* Work under the direction of the Lead Engineer on a day to day basis
* Support the Lead Engineer in the development of components to meet the targets
* Support CAD Engineer in the development of robust designs
* Support pre-production build events
* Support virtual build events
* Support tolerance studies to ensure manufacturing compatibility
* Support generation of DVP and DFMEA studies
* Ownership of concerns resolution including interim containment actions where required
* Liaison with external suppliers on technical issues
* Liaison with internal departments as required
Qualifications & Experience:
* Educated to degree level or equivalent within an engineering related discipline with automotive experience in component design.
* Experience of legislative and DV requirements for the design of interior trim.
* Experienced in the design of interior trim components, specifically Centre Console
* Knowledge of Interior trim components, plastic injection mouldings, Vac formed parts, S-RIMM, machined metal products and metal bracketry, etc.
* Knowledge of leather trimming and mechanism systems would also be advantageous.
* A working knowledge of component manufacturing, tooling requirements & lead times.
* Proficient in the use of Microsoft Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint.
* Good ability to clearly present information to all levels of the organisation.
* Siemens NX CAD experience would be a great advantage
* Knowledge of the Failure Mode Avoidance techniques and processes would be an advantage.
* The ideal candidate will be a focused, highly motivated, results orientated individual who works well under pressure and can work to a given deadline.
* Ability to work well within a team environment is essential.
* Driving licence, Medical clearance to drive company vehicles.
Advanced Resource Managers Engineering Limited operates & advertises as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for contract/temporary positions.