Aiden specialises in contract recruitment within the Automotive industry, recruiting for a range of roles within design, purchasing, quality and simulation engineering.
Senior Engineer - Circuits
Applications have now closed
Please visit our main job board to see all our current vacancies.
Senior Engineer - Circuits
Do you have experience within Automotive design & development for electrical circuits? We are recruiting a Senior Engineer to work on circuit design and delivery for a high performance car manufacturer.
Job DescriptionThe purpose of this role is to design & develop new and existing vehicle electrical circuits in support of whole vehicle electrical architecture.
Key Responsibilities & Tasks
• Manage circuit freeze timing to support harness manufacture & delivery, in support of programme timing for all pre-production and production builds.
• Collate Device Transmittal information from all vehicle electrical systems.
• Create circuit diagram schematics.
• Generate harness build lists.
• Create Harness Mod sheets.
• Support prototype build and Lab Car fault diagnosis & resolution
• Support production & after sales.
• Work closely with the Electrical Distribution System team and harness suppliers to meet harness delivery targets
• Control engineering concerns through electronic concern management system and report out to the line manager.
• Ability to think outside the box and generate new and better solutions for circuits & Electrical Distribution System.
• Ensure latest materials and technology are kept up to date and implemented at the earliest possible opportunity.
• Cross functional liaison working with: Manufacturing, Purchasing, Service, Quality, Logistics, Program Teams, Prototype Operations, and Legislation.
Qualifications & Experience
• Engineering degree or equivalent qualification.
• Experience in automotive electrical circuits design and development.
• Extensive knowledge of circuits, Electrical Distribution System and how they are manufactured.
• A working knowledge of Mentor Graphics Capital logic is advantageous
• Good experience and knowledge of vehicle electrical systems
• Experience of project management.
• Working knowledge of Relevant Regulations and approvals.
• Must be able to both lead and work within teams effectively
• Experience of leadership or evidence of leadership ability
• Manage a large workload in a high pressure environment with good report writing skills.
• Ability to analyse data from supplier testing and work to timely solutions when required.
• Must be proactive and trust their initiative using minimum supervision to produce practical solutions.
• Good IT skills with the ability to generate metrics through Excel spreadsheet management.
• Must have a clean and valid driving license.
Advanced Resource Managers Engineering Limited operates & advertises as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for contract/temporary positions.